Chapter 100: An Extra

Two to three days had passed. All the scenes without the male lead were almost finished. There was still no news from the actors that Xu Mingrui had contacted.

They didn’t care about what the outside world said.

If the male lead was still not confirmed, the crew would be in disarray.

After Song Qingyou finished filming a scene in the morning, she dragged Xu Mingrui outside to talk.

Even without her asking, Xu Mingrui knew what to say.

“Sis, you want to ask about the male lead, right? I contacted a few famous actors at the beginning, but they all declined, saying that they had scenes to shoot and were too busy. I guess they didn’t like our production team.” “Those who contacted me later should be worried about offending people.” “Offend whom?” Song Qingyou asked. “Qiu Yu?”

“How can Qiu Yu be so capable?” Xu Mingrui shook his head and said, “The director of ‘Time’ has spoken.”

The director of Time had made a name for himself by shooting television dramas. He had shot two movies that did well at the box office in his early years, so he had a lot of say in the film industry.

Celebrities with higher status definitely did not have to care about him. The problem was that Xu Mingrui had only found slightly famous actors. How could these people be willing to offend a famous director for a role? Song Qingyou pondered for a moment before asking a completely unrelated question, “How s his TV series and movie?”

“Very ordinary.” Xu Mingrui looked disgusted. “He likes to use popular celebrities to film. He’s very good at sensationalizing. Those celebrities’ fans fall for this… This time, he probably wants to gild himself by filming a tribute drama.”

Song Qingyou nodded slightly. Just as she was about to speak, her gaze suddenly stopped and fell on a few extras under the shade of a tree not far away.

To be precise, she was looking at Xu Xingzhou who was leaning against a tree trunk.

Xu Mingrui glanced over. “There’s a new production team on the other side.

They seem to be shooting a low-budget ancient puppet drama. The extras over there should be looking for a role to shoot.”

There were many extras in the film studio. Most of them were like part-timers, looking for film crews everywhere to take on any available roles.

Song Qingyou didn’t say anything, only looking at the bearded man who came out.

The bearded man was holding a loudspeaker in his hand.

“We only need normal extras here. As long as your figure is up to standard, it’s fine. 100 a day, lunch and dinner are available! Come and register your names!” He called for a hundred people to respond, and the extras who were sitting and standing outside walked over.

Xu Xingzhou was the fastest.

However, when Big Beardy saw him, his expression turned ugly.

“Why is it you again? This production team doesn’t welcome you. Hurry up and leave!”

“You’re just an extra and you’re still so arrogant. You go around saying that other people’s acting skills are bad. Who would dare to hire you! I’m afraid this film studio won’t be able to accommodate you anymore!”

Before Xu Xingzhou could say anything, he was pushed aside by the people behind him.

There were even people discussing who Xu Xingzhou was.

Xu Mingrui was far away, so he couldn’t hear what those people were saying. He didn’t know what Song Qingyou was looking at and couldn’t help bur ask,