Chapter 168: The Magazine Was Sold Out

On the day of the release of Style.

Xu Qinian shut himself in his office, too lazy to listen to the gossip outside.

However, he glanced at his phone and landline from time to time, revealing his restless heart.

Before the magazine was released, more than half of the magazine’s staff objected to Song Qingyou being the candidate for the inside page, let alone letting her appear on the cover with Gu Xingchen.

The reason they gave was also very reasonable.

“If Song Qingyou gets on the cover, Gu Xingchen’s fans won’t buy it. Song Qingyou doesn’t have many fans, so who will buy the magazine?”

“It’s useless no matter how good the photos are. Once the magazine is released, the people who pirate the photos will immediately appear.”

“Song Qingyou is only ranked 8oth, and she’s not even a supermodel. Let alone the front cover, she shouldn’t even get a shot on the inside!”

These words were not pleasant to hear, but they were the truth.

After all, in the fashion industry, no matter how many shows you acted in, the famous ones were either famous top artistes like Gu Xingchen, designers, or supermodels.

As for Song Qingyou?

She had only become famous once during the fashion week as Kyushu’s highlight.

The opposition from the magazine agency was not without reason.

However, Xu Qinian really liked the photo of Song Qingyou and Gu Xingchen, so he once again went against everyone’s wishes and decided on the cover photo.

In a fit of anger, he even increased the number of copies of the magazine…

Because of this, many people were guessing what the relationship between Xu Qinian and Song Qingyou was.

Some of them had already secretly opened their champagne bottles, gloating that Xu Qinian was going to be in big trouble.

To be honest, Xu Qinian was a little regretful.

The damage caused by his impulsiveness might be irreparable.

At this moment, Xu Qinian really wanted Song Qingyou to create a miracle like what the internet said.

Just as his heart sank, the landline on his desk suddenly rang.

Xu Qinian instantly sat up and took a few deep breaths before answering the call.

“What is it?” His heart was beating like a drum, afraid that bad news would come from the other side.

“Chief editor, the magazine has been sold out. People from all over the country are calling the magazine agency to ask for more stock!”

“What?!”

Xu Qinian was stunned.

It was not until that person repeated it that he came back to his senses.

Immediately after, the magazine agency visibly got busy.

Xu Qinian went out for a walk, and the few higher-ups who were not convinced of him suddenly became bootlickers and praised the chief editor for having good taste.

Xu Qinian heaved a sigh of relief and happily transferred some pocket money to Xu Mingrui.

Only Song Qingyou’s fans were more excited than him.

Song Qingyou had started to become popular from Man vs. Wild 3, and she had been filming TV series since then. The new variety show had only been released for one episode, so it hadn’t been long since she became popular. She didn’t have too many fans, but she didn’t have too few fans either.