Chapter 114: The Cooperation Has Been Cancelled

On the day of the annual celebrity awards ceremony.

The awards ceremony would start at eight o’clock in the evening, and the ceremony would probably have to wait until around ten o’clock.

This event was especially important to all the celebrities, and many people were eager to outshine the crowd on the red carpet.

Therefore, the team behind the artiste had already started making all sorts of preparations in the morning.

Chen Lan was no exception.

Shengshi Entertainment had just “opened” and had yet to find suitable staff. She had to take care of everything.

Xu Xingzhou and Jiang Xuyan were both male artists, so she didn’t need to worry about their styling. Jiang Xuyan’s assistant could handle it.

In comparison, female artistes were much more troublesome.

Haute Couture[l] was essential if one wanted to be in the limelight on the red carpet.

However, Song Qingyou couldn’t afford most of the haute couture gowns. Even if she could, she was a third-rate artist, so they might not sell them to her.

Fortunately, there was a new domestic haute couture brand that took a fancy to Song Qingyou’s looks and figure and agreed to cooperate with Song Qingyou to let her wear their new gown on the red carpet.

Chen Lan stood at the entrance of the company for a long time until her legs were sore before she returned to the office.

“Logically speaking, they should have sent the gowns over by now. All the stylists we booked have called…”

Before she could finish her sentence, her phone rang.

Chen Lan turned around and walked out.

In less than two minutes, she returned.

“What’s wrong?” Song Qingyou was sitting in front of her computer, talking to a professor at A University about her thesis.

“The gown won’t be delivered!” Chen Lan was furious. “Obviously they came to us themselves, but they didn’t say the cooperation was canceled until the award ceremony was about to start. They are basically bullying people!” “Someone ordered them to do it, right?” Song Qingyou understood.

“Then it can only be Shen Xiyan.” Chen Lan said, “I just looked at their official Weibo and the spokesperson was suddenly changed to Shen Xiyan.”

“Where are we going to find a haute couture gown in such a short time? If you wear an ordinary gown and walk the red carpet, you might be laughed at…” Chen Lan paced around the office anxiously. She even thought of contacting those people whom she had only met a few times.

Song Qingyou glanced at the time and unhurriedly searched for this brand:

“Doesn’t the main designer of this brand have a rival?”

“What rival?”

Chen Lan leaned over to look at the computer page.

The haute couture brand that had taken the initiative to seek cooperation with her was called Emil. It had just risen to prominence in the first half of the year and was in the limelight at the International Fashion Week.

Opposing Emil was Kyushu, which focuses on improving its national style.

The two designers probably had a long-standing grudge. Each of their fashion shows had the same date and theme, and they had even publicly dissed each other.

Chen Lan used to specialize in managing new artistes and had never come into contact with fashion resources, so she was not familiar with these things.

However, she could not care less. She immediately contacted the designers from Kyushu.