Kick Backs

*Amira's POV*

"...So the letter then came through and I can't turn it down, it's an important case" Jahmaine said.
We were practising how we were gonna tell our family that were leaving. We didn't know how they'd take it so we tried to be as sensitive as possible.

"That's good" I said standing up and putting Amani in her cot. "I think we should tell Mustafa first, if you get what I mean"

"Yeah of course" Jahmaine said "but when?"

"I don't know, when were in the car?"

"Hmm...alright" Jahmaine said.
We were going to my mums house to have a family diner before Ramadan starts, it wasn't nothing too big, just a little family thing.
Amani was nearly two months old but she was incredibly tiny for a baby that's approaching 8 weeks she still looked new born except she could fully open her eyes, and her diet was completely fine, she consumes milk every hour so there shouldn't be a problem with her feeding.
I put on my neautral headscarf with a gold headpiece, just thought I could make a bit of effort.
I picked up Amani and walked with her to the car and secured her in her carseat.
"Gotta make sure I keep you safe" I said as I kissed her cheek as soon as she was comfortable I took my place near her and patiently waited for Jahmaine.

After 10 minutes him and Mustafa finally came, why did he take so long. They both then came into the car and were really quiet.

"Took you nearly a year to tell me" Mustafa said

"You told him, I thought were gonna tell him together" I said

"No i really thought he should hear it from me" Jahmaine said

"Im not angry or upset though" Mustafa said

"Why?" Jahmaine asked

"I'll simply pack my bags and come with you" Mustafa said...oh my Allah.

Everyone's attention was focused on Amani when we got to my mothers, okay she was cute and that but...I was cute too. I couldn't really think of the right time to tell our family about the move. I pulled Jahmaine to the side for a bit so we could discuss.

"I think we should tell them now" I said

"no lets enjoy dinner first" Jahmaine said

"there's still another 3 hours until dinner, babe i won't be able to keep it in!" I said

"Keep what in" Ariana said coming in biting into an apple. We both looked at her, then at eachother.

"ummm...my...very little-actually no big-" Jahmaine stuttered

"Basically none of your business" I said

"FINE!" Ariana said walking off. she's such a drama queen.

"Wow" Jahmaine said.

"Okay, as i was saying, I can't really keep it to myself much longer" I said

"Keep what to yourself" Abu said coming in.

"Oh C'mon" I said waving my hands in the air, I then heard Jahmaine giggle, what's funny about that?

"nothing, just work stuff" i said

"what work stuff, you know you can talk to me about anything?" what the hell???

"It's nothing just-" I started

"SIKE- I don't care" he said walking off. OMA What a...silly boy.

"I hate you Abu" I said smiling

"hate you too" he said entering the living room.

"Amira that was kinda funny" Jahmaine said

"shut up" I said "Anyway as I was saying-"