Hated to death

It takes time before you ensure the feeling you have. But it only takes a day to be confuse in what you feels.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 52

Daniele's POV

It's Christmas day and Saphie's still nowhere to be found. No one know where she goes or when she will come back. Saan ba nagpunta ang babaeng yun? I thought this day, after almost 2 years, will be special again. Pero paano ito magiging special kung wala siya sa tabi ko?

All I remembered is that one night, I got drunk and someone pulled me out of that bar. At first I thought it was Sharmaine because when I woke up, everything's a mess. Nakatabi lang yung basin at yung ibang kalat ay andoon pa rin. That's why I got surprised when I learned that it was Saphie. Ilang beses na niya akong inilagaan and she never leave my unit unless it was already clean.

May nasabi kaya ako? Nagalit kaya siya sakin?

Wag naman sana.

So I guess, this will be another boring day for me.

Buti pa sila may kanya-kanyang pupuntahan. Almost all of them are out of the town. Even Ryan. Para tuloy nadaig ko pa siya. Pakiramdam ko sa aming dalawa, ako yung ulila sa mga magulang.

Nakabukas ang TV pero ang utak ko lumilipad sa kung saan.

---Flashback---

"And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was 'Goodbye'."

Bigla ko na lang naramdaman ang pagkalabit niya sakin.

"D-Daniele? Can we talk?"

Hindi na ako sumagot at umalis na lang ako dun. Mukhang sinusundan naman niya ako.

Yes, I want to talk to her. Sobra na akong naguguluhan. Hindi lang sa nararamdaman ko, kundi pati sa sarili ko. It was like, I want to be with the both of them. But I can't, right? It's either I'll have one or I'll lose the both of them.

So I think, I just need a closure from this girl.

Lumayo kami sa mga booths hanggang sa makarating kami sa ilalim ng puno. Doon kami umupo sa may bench. Walang nagsasalita sa amin.

"What do you want to talk about?"

Huminga siya ng malalim.

"Daniele, sinubukan ko n-naman eh. Pero di ko kaya. I can't stay as your friend. Just your friend."

And with that simple statement, her tears already flowed out of her eyes.

"I didn't told you to be my friend. Ikaw ang kusang lumapit."

Sa totoo lang, mas madali siguro ang lahat kung di na lang ulit siya bumalik.

"Daniele.. You can't be just friends with someone you once fell in love with. I tried but I can't. Ikaw pa rin kasi Daniele eh. P-Pwede bang...pwede bang ako na lang din ulit?"

I looked at her with shock written on my face. Is she begging?

"Y-You're crazy. I already have Saphie. All of the things between us? It's all..o-over."