-42-

"Never mind, it's stupid." I reply. "Hey are you crying? Did I do something wrong?If so I'm really s-" I cut his off no matter how heartwarming that sounded. "No it's not, I'm fine really. Now let's go eat some of your famous burnt brownies." I laugh. A fake laugh in that case. I walk to the kitchen but I'm not sure Ross believed me but I just didn't want him to be apart of this and I don't want him to worry about me.

-Ross-
I know something is wrong with Laura today and she won't tell me. I'm kinda upset that she won't tell me because I mean, we're soul mates. And soulmates should tell each other everything. I walk to the kitchen to find her wincing in pain. I run over to her. "Laur what happened?!" I worriedly ask. "Nothing really, I was just trying to..." She looks at the floor. I follow her gaze to see the pan of brownies on the kitchen floor. I look at her. "Did you drop them?"

"I'm really sorry, I wasn't thinking and I grabbed them without the gloves and it happened so fast." I sigh. "Laura are you sure you are okay?"

She nods. "It's getting really late Ross. And I think you should leave..."  She trails off. I frown.

"Babe it's only five in the afternoon are you kicking me out?"

"No it's just, I'm really exhausted and I don't feel to well.And I would never kick you out. I just have a lot of things running through my mind." She tells me not dating to look at me once.

I walk up to her and crest her cheek to make her look at me. "I'm going to leave, but I'm coming back tonight and please promise me we'll talk." 

"Goodbye Ross," she says before pushing me out the door. Before she closes the it I turn around and give her a kiss. It was a quick one though but I still felt a billion sparks go through my body.

-Laura-
What is happening with me? Or right, I found out everyone hates me. Even my best friends. Then I kick my boyfriend out of my house along with lying to him. I am a mess right now. 

I clean up the complete mess I made a few minutes ago and just decide to take a shower.

-Ross-
I storm into my house probably scared my parents."Ross! You scared me," My mom admits as she puts her hand on her chest. "Sorry" I murmur.

"Are you okay?"

I would lie and say yes but I can't lie to my mom. "Honestly no, there is something wrong with Laura. And she won't tell me. Oh and she also kicked me out of her house." I confess.

"Well what did you screw up this time?" My dad asks from the couch. He was watching a hockey game on the tv. I roll my eyes. "I don't think it has to do with me though. At first she was really happy and I wanted to make her brownies and while she was waiting, she was on her computer. When I finished she got off her computer all upset."

"Maybe she read or watched something that upset her. Did she tell you?" She tells mess she chips up some carrots.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be wondering why she's upset mom,"

"Well just go talk to her. For she really trusted you, she would tell you." My dad says.

"I don't think I have all of her trust.."

My mom looks at me. "Wh-y?"
Shit. I got myself into this one. "I may have, did something really bad back in Vegas."

"May have? Like what?" She questions. I gulp. Here it goes.

"Cheated on her." She slams the knife down making a dent on the cutting board.

-Laura-
I was scrolling down the comments n the many videos about me. 170.k comments on this one. All saying a bunch of crap about me.

I wipe my tears and get up from my bed. I went to my balcony only to here a lot of screams from Ross' house.

What the? I shrug and lean against the railing. I want to tell Ross and at the same time I don't. Ugh my life is so confusing!

But why though? Why does Dove hate me so freaking much? I never did anything bad to her. She was my best friend. And Maia, we were all in this together. They were my first friends at this school. It's only been like five months since I've moved here. I'm starting to really hate it. But I can't admit that to myself. Not to him.

"Laura?" Ross says snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn to him with a small smile. "Hey," I say as he jumps over his balcony and onto mine to give me a hug. I felt really safe in his embrace and I didn't want him to let go.

He takes my hand and takes me to my bed. "Talk"

I lay on my bed. "Do I have to?" I groan.

"Lauraaa!"

"Ross there is nothing to explain. I'm totally fine."

"My dad, he told me that if you trusted me you would tell me. Why won't you tell me?" Now I was getting annoyed.

"Maybe because I don't trust you!" I blurt out.

Ross lets go of my hand and clenches his jaw. "If you can't trust me how are we supposed to have a healthy relationship?" He says as calm as he can.

"Because we don't have a healthy relationship Ross." And it is true. We keep hurting one another.

He covers his face with his hands and leaned on my head board. "That doesn't mean I don't love you Ross. It's just that you hurt me a lot these few months I've been here. And I try not to bring any of the past up but it just keeps coming back to me. I k ow you don't mean to hurt me but there is a reason or story behind everyone's actions"

"I'm sorry Laura, you already know I am. I try to be the boyfriend you've always wanted me to be, I really try you know,"

"I don't want you to try. No, I don't need you to try. " I take his hand back.

"So you aren't telling me why your upset?" Ross questions.

---------------------

Hey! How was everyone's day?

How was it? Should Laura tell Ross what's going on or keep it to herself.

Why do you think Dove and Maia are doing this to her?

Don't forget to...
Comment
Vote
Share
Follow

Read my story "Prom" in my book "Short stories"

Updates: if you are reading the story "her hero" just to let you know, it's going to end in four-five more chapters😬

And you know what that means... a new story. I have a few in my mind.
-

Those of you who are reading "Campus killers"

This is a huge spoiler but you will not know who the killer is until the sequel which will only be made if I get enough reads sorry!

So yeah...
-You are amazing-
I love you
M.s.R