-50-

•Laura•
Dinner was...something. It got awkward really fast. My dad didn't make it any better by messing around with Ross. I knew my dad was joking about stuff but Ross thought he was serious. "So uh, how was dinner?" I ask Ross as he lays in my bed looking very exhausted. "The most terrifying experience I've ever gone through. I'm only doing this because I love you right?"

I smile.

-flashback-
"So Ross?Would you like some wine? This ins is my absolute favorite." Laura's dad asks as he holds up a very fancy bottle of red wine. It looked so good but I had to remember what Laura told me. "Oh no thank you, I don't drink" Lie. I just had to lie to make myself look good. "Well that's a shame, I want my Laura to be with someone who is very outgoing and likes to be a little rebellious, but it's okay. Boring people like you are okay..." My eyes go wide. Did he just call me boring? I am so not boring. I look to Laura who just took a sip of her own glass of what looked like cider."well, I wouldn't say I'm boring. I- I drink here and there," I explain. "But you just said you don't drink?" Caught in your own web of lies Ross. Congratulations.
"I mean I do but not all the time."
"So you drink underage?" My throat goes dry. "Dad, I think Ross just wants some water" Laura tells her dad who was looking at me while he drank his red liquid called red wine. "Okay, I was just asking,"

-end of flashback-

I smile. "I'm sorry about my dad Ross, it's just that he wanted to know if you were right for me."
He nods. "So am I?"

"No," I truthfully say. "We don't belong with each other; at least that's what my mind says." I explain. "Wait why?" He frowns. "But Ross my heart says something else. It's saying that I shouldn't listen to what other people think because I know that we are meant to be together."

His frown now becomes a smile on his face. Like in a blink of an eye. "You're right" he tells me. "I know, now let's go downstairs. My dads waiting; he wants to hear your angelic voice."

"Oh please don't say I have an angelic voice. " he complains. "I like saying that. "  I laugh. "What about your voice? It's beautiful..." He trails off. I give him a look. "You've never heard me sing,"

"Of course I have, whenever we are in the car you like to sing,"

"Well yeah but I don't really sing like that for real..." I admit. "I know, you like to sing in your room and I always hear you...oh yeah and I listen as you sing in the shower. So angelic-"

"Okay Ross, I get it; you stalk me."

He shrugs.

•downstairs• Ross•

"Okay Ross, are you ready to make some music?" Laura's dad asks. "Yeah I guess..." I say as I put on a pair of headphones. "Awe don't say it like that, say it like you mean it!"

"Hell yeah!" I say. He gives me a thumbs up as he sits on a chair and watches me through the glass window. To be honest I've never been in a recording studio. This looked all so amazing. The equipment and everything. "Do you have a song picked out? Well I mean a part of it? You don't have to sing the whole thing." He assured me. I nod. "Whenever you're ready,"

Okay this is all for Laura and an opportunity to make me become famous even...

"I'm so happy because today I found my friends, they're in my head..." I sang. Through the glass I could see Laura smiling at me. I was singing her favorite song by her favorite band Nirvana. 

I sang the whole song until I heard Laura applauding for me and her dad smiling. "That was amazing son, you've got some real talent. How long will you be staying here for?" He asks. I look to Laura. "A couple of weeks," she smiles. "A little bit of touching up and practice, you could become a star kid? What do you say?"  He asks me as we shake hands.

"Dad?"

"Laura isn't this great?I could become famous!" I say a little to excited. She nods with a smile. But something was telling me that something wasn't right.