-47-

"Wow, this place is packed." Ross speaks as we wait for our luggage to arrive. I nod. We just got back from a five hour plane ride. It felt like five years, though Vanessa didn't mind; she was asleep a whole four hours.

-Flashback-

Me and Ross were assigned separated seats. He sat two rows in front of me. I was seated next to this young girl who was about 17. We talked on and on about everything to occupy us. She was a sweet girl, reminded me of my old self. So happy and full of life.

And Ross, I think he was very unhappy with his seating buddy. I'm pretty sure that isn't a thing but he sat next to a little seven year old who kept mocking him. It was so entertaining to watch the kid annoy Ross. I couldn't help but stare at them.

   "Is he your boyfriend?" Quin, the girl I've been talking to asks.
  She snaps me out of my gaze. "Who? Him?" I ask, pointing towards Ross. She playfully rolls her eyes. "Who else?"

I proudly nod. "Yeah he's my boyfriend"

"He's cute," she smiles at me. "I know, do you have a boyfriend? I'm sure such a beautiful girl like you is taken." I admit.

She lets out a long sigh. "I ran away with my boy- ex-boyfriend. We went to California and a month later I caught him cheating on me. I'm sure I lost everything. My parents probably hate me for running away with a boy who never loved me. I'm coming home now."

I sit there shocked. Not knowing what to do or say. I felt really bad for her. Her boyfriend cheated on her. And he never loved her.

Wow that sounds...familiar.

"I'm...so sorry"

"Don't be; it's not your fault. It's my on for being so stupid. I don't know what love is, I'm just a stupid teenager. You know what they say young and in love." She laughs. I smile at her. "You'll find someone, I promise."

"THE FLIGHT TO NEW YORK WILL BE LANDING SHORTLY SO PLEASE STAY SEATED AND I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME ON NYC AIRLINES" a loud speaker announces.

"Thank you Laura, that means a lot. And I'm happy that you're happy with Ross." She smiles as she prepares herself before we land.

-Ross-
"Okay kid that's enough you've been doing this for hours please stop!" I sigh as he continues to stroke my prized possession. My hair. Well second prized possession.

"No one is allowed to touch my hair could you please stop?" I once again frustratedly ask. I jerk my head away from his grasp. "It's so soft, I can't help it." He cheekily smiles. "I know that's why I don't want you to touch it."

He shrugs and continues to stroke it. "Who is taking care of you?"