Chapter 10- Semi Formal

So today was semi formal. Normally you'd expect girls to be getting their nails and hair done at salons but not me. My mom didn't want me to waste money on all that so instead she called a stylist she knew to do my hair and stuff. I mean, that's pretty sick if you ask me. So I had a shower and ate some toast watching Family Guy.
"Hey, so Stacey's gonna come over in about 30 minutes, I have to go to a meeting in 15 minutes." My mom said. I mean don't get me wrong. Having a private stylist is pretty cool, though I'd rather not sit for an hour doing nothing.
"Well I'm gonna take a quick shower before I leave, your gonna like Stacey, she's really nice., she's only a couple years older than you ." My mom said. So later the door bell rang. I opened the door and standing there was Stacey.
"Hi, I'm Stacey, your mom hired me to do your hair and makeup for .. Semi formal ?" Stacey asked. I nodded and let her in.
"So you can set your stuff up right inside my room." I told. So I took a seat and just went on my phone.
"So... How do you and my mom know eachother ?" I asked .
"Haha um my moms actually friends with your mom, and I guess my mom told yours that I do hair and makeup." Stacey said getting out her supplies.
We started talking while she was doing my hair and she was really fun to talk to.
"So who you goin to semi with? I went with this dude who is actually now working as a driver for Miley Cyrus!" Stacey said.
"Ha no way! That's pretty cool not gonna lie and I'm just goin with a friend his names Jake." I replied. She looked a little confused.
"Oh ok that's cool, so um who's Tyler ?" Stacey asked non chalantly.
"Uhh I guess a friend why? How do you know him?" I asked turning back at her.
"Oh Umm I was glancing over and saw you texting a guy named Tyler and I thought maybe you were going with him by the way you were texting.." Stacey replied. Haha this is some weird shit going on right now. I mean, I would of kicked her out but my hair was only half way done and it looked pretty bomb.
"Umm, what do you mean?"
"Well, you were giggling while you were texting him and I didn't see you text Jake at all." Stacey replied . I hesitated.
"He's just a friend , and so is Jake that's all!!!!!!!" I replied .
"Okay then , well I hope you chose the right boy to attend this dance with." Stacey said. As much as I was getting annoyed by these questions , I started thinking about what she said. And Jakes definitely the guy I wanna go with. So Stacey got my hair and makeup done. It looked really good.
"Alrighty, my work here is done I hope you have a great time at this dance Alex, you look gorgeous !" Stacey said. I smiled.
"Thank you, for the amazing makeup and hair work you did for me !" I replied. She smiled and said goodbye. I was basically an hour early till Jake was gonna pick me up. I started then got a snapchat request. It was from Chris.
He snapped asking if he could FaceTime me . I was way to bored to give up that chance. So I picked up the FaceTime call.
"Hey!!!!' I haven't talked to you in the longest time ever!" I said. He laughed.
"Yeah! Well I'm all ready for semi but, it starts in like an hour." Chris said.
"So who's the lucky girl goin with you?"I asked.
"I asked Tammy Wilson, which reminds me I gotta pick her up soon!" Chris said.
"OH ! Shit can't believe I didn't say this but , you look beautiful haha!" Chris said.
"Haha thanks , you probably can't even see my whole dress but thank you!" I replied.
"Alright well I'll see you and say hi , jakes super lucky to be taking you , bye alex!" Chris said. I guess he was hinting that he wanted to go with me. I definitely would of gone with him but , I seriously just met him 2 weeks ago.anyways , so It was 6 and the door bell rang. I was really exited to see Jake.
"Hiiiiiii!" I said as I hugged him.
"Wow... You look, really really stunning!" Jake said. I smiled shyly.
"Haha Umm thank you. You look great yourself !" I replied. So he escorted me to his car. So for semi , the location we had to drive to was near Beach Canford. Luckily the dance was gonna be supervised by ms.camps . She sleeps half of the time she teaches and she's pretty chill. So there were like 70 people here already . I mean, you could say we were fashionably late.... No? Ok. Anyways we found a table to sit and put our stuff at.
"Hey I'm gonna park my car somewhere else, someone just told me that they tow your car after an hour of parking there, I'll be back." Jake said as he got up.
"Yeah, it's perfectly fine!" I replied. This semi was super amazing! The DJ was pretty awesome. I mean, it was pretty weird that he was dressed like skrillex but I ignored that.
***tyler and Jessica's point of view***
"Hey.. You look really pretty!" Tyler said smiling.
"Thanks ,you look hot!" Jessica said. There was a pause. They then laughed.
"Alright, let's get to this dance !"" Tyler said.
***now to Jake Tyler and Jessica's point of view******
"Hey man, you look pretty dope!" Tyler said.
"Haha thanks Man! Jess you look really pretty , aye but I gotta move my car, I'll See you guys soon!" Jake said.
**back to alex point of view**
I walked over to get some punch.
"Hey, this place is pretty cool right?" Some random dude said to me.
"Uhh yeah, it is , I agree ." I said then drank my punch. I slightly looked over with my periferal.
"Wait, Tyler ? Hiii! Since when did you and jess get here ?" I asked .
"wait , alex? We got here like 5 minutes ago." Tyler said.
"Where's Jess I needa say hi!" I said.
"Wait!" Tyler said as he grabbed my hand.
"You look really really beautiful by the way." Tyler said.
"Haha very funny shut up, you're playing." I replied.
"Whatever floats ur boat Brooks, and I think she's speaking to the DJ." Tyler said sipping his punch. After I spoke to Jess I noticed my earring was coming out so I walked to the bathroom.Chris walked in the place. "Hey !" I said as I gave him a hug.
"Oh hey , you know it's really hard to find parking here!"️Chris said out of breath.
"Haha yeah , so where's Tammy!?" I asked.
"She's inside already, and wow I think your earring is falling out .." Chris said trying to help clip it.
"Ha yeah I know! " I replied. It got fixed. Chris starred.
"... What haha?!" I asked.
"Umm nothing I'm just ... Real jealous someone who isn't me gets to be your date for tonight." Chris smiled and walked into the semi place. So as I was walking to the bathroom I just threw out my earrings cause I couldn't wear only one. I went to the Dance place and started dancing and chilling out. I sat at a table cause I was tired dancing for like 30 min!
"Hey, I saw you dancing, it was like watching Beyoncé!" Some random dude said. I turned around.
"Ha! Yeah , I mean I took dance lessons so I hope I'm not intimidating you!" I replied smiling. He smiled back and went to his date. I drank some punch and sat at a table. Tyler walked over.
"Umm what's up? ..."
"Well you know, just thought I'd say hi to one of my .. Umm friends.. So .. HI!" Tyler said. I finished eating my cupcake
"Alright I'm gonna find Jake." I said getting up.
"Yeah get me a cupcake later !" Tyler said. Tonight was real fun. If semi was going well for me , I wonder how amazing prom is gonna be. Me and jake were dancing having fun. Everyone was on the dance floor. Semi was gonna end in one hour. And of course just like the cheesy movies they played a slow song.
"Alright grab a partner, we're gonna take things slow." The DJ said.
"I'm having a really great time!" Jake said .
"Haha yeah me too, hey I didn't think you'd be that good of a dancer." I said.
"Yeah well you were pretty good too!" Jake said. Jake looked at his watch.
"Shit, i forgot! Um I just found out 30 min ago I had to pick my mom up cause her car broke down and she has to be at the hospital and-"
"No go it's ok, I'll just go home with jess !" I said. He smiled and gave me a hug. So since my date was gone I sat at the tables. Some boy walked by me.
"Hey, I'm Ryan." I looked up a little confused.
"I'm actually here cause My friends wanted to go but they all brought dates without telling me so.. I don't really have anything to do." Ryan said as he took a seat beside me. I nodded my head slowly then went on my phone. I could feel him starring at me. I looked up .
".. What ..?" I asked.
"You seem to be ignoring me, I'm not trying to be annoying or cocky but most girls usually like to interact with me .." Ryan said . I looked at him.
"Then .. Why don't you interact with another girl? You don't to have to sit here with me , I told you." I said crossing my arm. I was thinking of literally calling a cab and leaving. I went back on my phone. He kept staring."okay .. Why do you keep staring at me, you can leave if you want!" I said.
"Can't we have a civilized conversation for at least 5 minutes ?" Ryan asked. I put my phone down.
"Okay, so .... Hey, I'm Ryan as you probably know, so what's your Favorite color?" Ryan asked. Seriously ?
"You know, just the color cyan, so what's your favourite animal?" I asked.
"I'd have to say a pig , you know cause I look like one."
"HA you are one !" I said laughing.
"Hey so um.. Are you dating Anyone?" Ryan asked.
"no... " I replied.
"Alright... " Ryan replied. I drank my punch.
"Why , you like me or something?" I asked eating.
"Ha ! You wish ! " Ryan said.
"Yeah right ! You like me!" I said laughing in a joking way. We started talking and I was actually not feeling like falling down a flight of stairs.
***tyler and jadens point of view now**
"Hey dude, where's Jake?" Jaden asked. Tyler looked around.
"Oh yeah I heard he had to Leave" tyler said drinking his punch.
"Oh yeah so did alex leave to?" Jaden asked. They both looked around.
"Looks like she's chilling out with Ryan... " Tyler said.
**** back to alex ****
"Haha yeah I actually did trick Kim kardashian into thinking I was Khloe."
"Really?" Ryan asked.
"Nah I'm just effing with you, I actually got the chance to perform a magic trick and she was convinced I had magic." I said laughing. It was almost 12am.
"Well I gotta go , my friends are leaving, what's your name again?" Ryan asked smiling. I smiled back. Bye Ryan I said laughing.
"So what? After a nice conversation, you won't even tell me your name haha!" Ryan asked in confusion.
"It's alex.." I replied.
"Good to know... See you around." Ryan replied. I smiled back. So I drove back home in a car with just jess and Tyler. The ride was pretty quiet. Jess slipped some alcohol in her purse so we had to keep it down for her head ache. 20 min later , we dropped her off. Then we were off to my house.
"Hey... Are you ok? Usually you'd be making a rude joke about me like my driving ?" Tyler said.
"Yeah I'm good, it's just that I'm really scared were gonna crash cause you know.. Ur hands are on the wheels." I replied.
"There it is !" Tyler said laughing. A text popped up on Tyler's phone and me being me, glanced over.
"Hey so um who's Cassidy?" I asked nonchalantly.
"I saw you look, but she ...is a friend of mine." Tyler replied turning his phone over.
"Mhm .. So are you dating her ?" I asked. Tyler didn't say anything.
"You like her ! Why don't you ask her out?"  I said. He laughed.
"Umm.. Well I don't wanna come off to desperate." Tyler said.
"But you're TYLER ! You can do anything !" I said jokingly.
"Ok it's actually because Cassidy's brother had beef with my friends and Cassidy and jess and then used to be friends until shit went down." Tyler said .
"Ahh I see , well you should do what you feel is best . Bye !" I said walking out the car. As I walked in my house I went on my phone to look at Instagram. I decided to see who this Cassidy chick was. I actually scrolled down to her old feed and there was a picture of her and Tyler. In the comments section jess commented "Regina George." She basically said that Cassidy moves on to guys that she likes.
***next day***
So as I got to school I sat down with jess.
"Hey, you look .. Mad.." I said.
"Umm.. I'm not ... "She replied. So I just went on my phone and started looking up. I saw Tyler and Cassidy talking and I'm gonna guess that's why jess looked a little sad because she really likes him. I saw them hug and after that jess got up.
"Whoah where you going ?"
"No where just gonna talk to Cassidy!"
"Umm you're not gonna kill her right ?" I asked as I got up. We walked over to her.
"Hey ," jess said.
"Umm hi ... I haven't spoken to you in 2 years..." Cassidy sAid.
"What are you doing ? Tyler will never date you, and plus he's gonna ask me to prom!" Jess said crossing her arms.
"You know, you were never good at predicting things,and what makes you think he can't change his mind from asking a beast like you to a beauty like me." Cassidy said laughing as she walked away. Wow she was ... Interesting. Jess almost jumped her. A couple minutes later , class had started. I asked to go to the washroom but really, I was gonna get some chips from the vending machine. I saw Cassidy at her locker.
"Hey Cassidy right?" I asked.
"Alex right ? You're friends with um, Jess right ?" She asked.
"Yeah... Umm So since she's my friend i just wanted to let you know that she really likes Tyler but he really likes you and-"
"Wait he likes me? " Cassidy asked happily! I hesitated.
"Uhh yeah .." I replied. I thought she already knew.
"Hey whenever you see him around, can you tell him to meet me at my locker during lunch?" Cassidy said.
"Uhhh sure but I also needed to tell you that-" then she walked away. Of course ! I started walking to class.
As I got in we were just answering text book questions. "Hey,Cassidy apparently wants you to meet her at her locker.." I said to tyler.
"Really? Ok !" Tyler replied. So later we had lunch. So Jess was in detention, the guys had football practice and Katie and Ashley were busy organizing prom. So me being the loner I am, sat by myself outside.
"Hey,"  Tyler said as he sat down .
"So Cassidy apparently told me she likes me!"
"Yeah .. And...?" I said.
"Well then I asked her out to watch a movie at you know those outdoor places during night when you sit on grass.!" Tyler told.
"Great , Romeo!" I replied then went on my phone.
"Hey, so can you not tell Jessica because.. Then she's gonna hate me and not be my friend and I really like Cassidy and-"
"Alright alright , have fun !" I said.
"I thought you'd be a little supportive alex .." Tyler said.
"Why ? Since when do I care what you do?" I said.
"Yeah that's true , alright see ya!he said as he walked away. 5 minutes later I see him with cassidy and like 5 other people.
***tyler and the other peoples point of view***
"Hey I'm gonna get a drink from the caff I'll be back!" Cassidy said.
"Hey you're friends with alex right?" Ryan asked.
"Uhh yeah kinda ," Tyler replied confused.
"Well I think I talked to her at semi and she's .. Really something special, do you know if she has a date to prom or even a boyfriend ?" Ryan asked.
"Umm.. I don't think so... But I don't think she'd go with you man, she's hard to get with." Tyler replied.
"Wait so you liked her ?" Ryan asked.
"..no it's just that, she has her head on straight and she like hates me it took her a while to get her to actually be my friend so I don't think she'd right away even say yes to you for anything." Tyler replied. Ryan started thinking.
"You know what she's gorgeous! How did you manage to be her friend without wanting to ask her out!?" Ryan said.
"Well maybe because Umm -"
"I'll be back , I'm gonna ask her out on a date !" Ryan said as he walked away.
***back to alex ***
So I was sitting then I could feel someone walking towards me.
"Hey , can I sit here ?" Ryan asked.
"Uhh sure ... You're Ryan right?" I asked.
"Yeah , wow you remembered!"
"Yeah how could I not remember the guy at the dance who obsessively kept staring and liked me." I said.
"Well I'm not obsessed ! Haha!" Ryan replied . I laughed.
"But I thought you were really gorgeous," Ryan said as he looked away.
"Well thanks !" I replied. He paused and walked away then turned back around.
"Look Umm... My friend is having a party tonight , and you and your friends should come!" Ryan said. I laughed."Uh yeah sure I'll be there!" I replied. He smiled and walked back to Tyler.
**tylers and Ryan's perspective**
"Ok well I chickened out to ask her out but ! She remembered my name and agreed to come to the party that matt is throwing!" Ryan said.
"Uh huh.. Well I'm gonna get some food." Tyler said walking away.
** back to alex**
So school ended. Jess came over to my house to get ready for the party. All I needed were shorts and a tank. Like who gives a shit? So I went on Instagram and Cassidy posted a pic of her and tyler and she was kissing his cheek. Jess is kinda .. Crazy so I'm pretty sure she's gonna insta stalk Cassidy. Then 2 minutes later..
"That slut! Ok you know.. I don't even know why Tyler likes her! He's definitely not gonna ask me to prom!" Jess said. I tried to make her feel better but I couldn't think of anything.
"Maybe you don't show that you like him a lot so maybe he thinks you just wanna be friends .." I replied. She hesitated." Yeah maybe you're right! Ok Can we eat some chips and salsa then leave?" Jess asked. I agreed. We got in my car and tried to find our way there.
"Dude I know this sounds weird but I'm gonna spend my whole time tryna steal Tyler from that hoe and make him focus on me!" Jess said.
"Haha have fun ! I'll just be chilling on my phone being bored as heck!" I said speeding. So we got here and it looked pretty nice. I sat outside just on instagram. Then I walked around the house and saw jess Cassidy and Tyler talking . It was pretty funny because jess was like grabbing on to him . Anyways... So I went back outside.
"Hey, I was wonderin where you were!" Ryan said as he sat beside me.
"Oh really? Cause I wasn't." I replied.
"Aw that hurt!" Ryan replied.
"Haha I'm kidding.. Or am I not?" I said.
"Haha , well matts house is pretty sick , well his parents house I guess.."
"Haha yeah , I especially liked the chocolate fountain in his hallway." I replied.
"So you enjoying the party?" He asked.
"Yeah I mean why wouldn't I enjoy a party that has a chocolate fountain and pizza machine! " I said laughing.
"Plus the guy I'm talking to is a fan of Justin Bieber." I said. He looked down at his phone.
"What- no no, I let my sister call someone earlier today and she must've messed around with my wallpaper background -"
"Hahaha it's cool, hey I like your shirt, I like Nike stuff too !" I said.
"Yeah, my mom works with them so I get a lot of stuff from them!impressive right ?" Ryan winked. I laughed
"So , don't you wanna get back to the party?" I said pointing.
"Umm, it's all good, plus I already got tim falling in the pool on video so I'm good!" Ryan replied.
"Haha alrighty then , if talking to me rather than chilling wiTh your friends what you want then Ok.." I said and smiled.