Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Audrey's POV

  Before I could say anything else, my dad slapped my in the face. I stumbled back a bit, but regained my balance. I put my hand up the slap him back but before I could he grabbed my wrist and threw me on the ground. I tried to get up but I couldn't, I fell right on top of my ankle.

"Not gonna fight back?" He taunted me.

"I can't even stand up!" I yelled at him. He laughed.

I tried to stand up, I got half way up but my ankle hurt so bad, it couldn't hold me up. He punched my face and I fell back down hitting my head on the concrete.

"Stop" I said weakly.

"Why should I? You brought this upon yourself!" He said

"Just stop! Haven't I suffered enough!" I said.

He slapped me again, and I felt the blood rushing down my face as I fell again.

"Audrey!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I tried to look up and see who it was, but I couldn't.

"Oh, Audrey's got a famous little boy on her side" my dad said.

Harry.

"Just leave her alone!" Harry yelled.

"What could you possibly do to me? Get your other singing friends and sing me a little song that tells me I'm beautiful?" He said.

I regained some strength and sat up some looking at my ankle that was gushing blood. After my dad said that Harry punched him right in the nose.

"That all you got city boy?" My dad taunted while blood running quickly out of his nose.

He began to punch Harry back, but Harry grabbed is fist.

"That all you got?" Harry mocked and threw him on the ground.

After a few minutes he never got up and Harry rushed over to me.

"Are you ok?" He asked concerned

"I don't think so" I said.

He looked at the bruises on my face, then he looked at my ankle.

"Wow that's really bad" he said. "We should get you to the hospital" he said while taking out his phone and calling. Harry was getting impatient waiting for the ambulance.

"You still ok?" He asked. I just nodded, then everything went black.  

Harry's POV

I looked over at Audrey again, and I noticed her eyes were closed, I'm guessing she was sleeping. A little while later the ambulance finally came.

"Audrey wake up" I said.

Nothing.

"Audrey?" I said again worried.

I began to shake her lightly, but still nothing. The people in the ambulance quickly came out and brought her into the back. I told them everything that happened.

"Ok so how long has it been since she was last awake?" they asked.

"Um I don't know maybe a few minutes. Is she going to be ok?" I said getting even more worried by the second.

"She should be fine depending when she wakes up, she's in a coma." they said.

"So how do you know her?" they asked

"she's a friend" I said

"Any family?" a nurse asked

"Well no, her dad did this to her, but she does have a brother in the area I think." They looked shocked but nodded and went back to what they were doing to help her.

I bent down to her,

"Please don't die" I whispered

"Please be ok"