Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Audrey's POV

A few days have past now, and it was now the morning of the day I'm going on a date with Harry. Anne and I were currently eating breakfast while Harry was at the studio finishing up some recording for the album.

"So, you excited for your date with Harry tonight?" Anne asked, bringing up the date for maybe the tenth time this morning.

"Yeah." I said and smiled.

"Can I help you pick out your outfit?" she asked with a hopeful expression.

"You can." I said and she smiled with delight. I found it amusing how excited Anne go with these dates and helping me do my hair and make up and figuring out what to wear.

"We'll go through your closet once we are finished eating." she said.

"The date is not until this evening." I told her.

"Never too early to start picking out an outfit,” she laughed.

Harry's POV

I left early this morning to go to the studio for some last minute recording. I was hoping they called Zayn in as well, because I wanted to thank him.

I drove my car into the parking lot, and got out of the car. I locked my vehicle and began to walk inside the building. Once I got up to the studio, I walked in and noticed the only person in there was the guy in charge of the mixing board.

"Was I the only one who got called in today?" I asked.

"Um no." the guy said and slid in his rolling chair over to the table and grabbed a clipboard. "Zayn and Louis should be coming,” he told me.

"Okay." I said and sat down on the couch.

I got out my phone and started messing with it for a few minutes until the guy spoke up "I'm going to have you go ahead and start recording."

I nodded and out my phone back in my pocket as I got up from the couch I was sitting on and walked into the booth. I put the headphones on and began listening to the music flow through my ears as I began to start singing.

As I was about halfway through the song when I say the door opening and Zayn walked in. I gave him a smile, and he gave me a quick half smile and sat down and took out his phone. 

I finished up the song just as Louis was walking in.

"Nice job Harry." the guy said to me through the mic.

"Thanks." I replied. 

I took off the headphones and placed them back down on the rack, then walked out of the booth.

"Hey guys." I said to them.

"Hey Harry." Louis said.

"Hey." I heard Zayn say as well as I sat down on the couch.

"Louis you're next." I heard the guy say.

"Okay." Louis told him and got up and went into the booth.

Once he started singing, I turned to face Zayn.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"I told you not to make a big deal about it,” he said, starting out harsh but adding a smile to lighten up a bit.

"I know, but you hung up before I thanked you the other day." I said.

"Well you're welcome,” he said, still looking down at his phone.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked.

"I already told you, I felt bad about what I did." he stated.

"Yeah, but why did you still go on the date?" I asked.

"I thought she might be having mixed thoughts about whether she still liked you or if she would give me chance, so I just tried to act like a jerk without hurting her, just confusing her I guess." he said with a slight chuckle at the end.

"You know you could have just canceled the date." I said.

"I know, but I wasn't sure if she was one of those girls who got really upset if a guy canceled on them." he said.

"I don't think she is, but thanks it means a lot." I told him.

"Yeah, now stop talking about it." he joked.

We both laughed just as Louis came out of the booth.

"Either there's something on my face or you two don't hate each other anymore." Louis said.

Zayn and I both laughed, "The second one." Zayn said still laughing.

"Okay good." Louis said, sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Looks like I'm up." Zayn said, just before the guy could tell him it was his turn to start recording.