Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Audrey's POV

After Zayn dropped me off, I walked right inside. To get inside though, I had to push through Harry's large frame that was standing in the doorway. I walked into the living room where Anne was. I was thinking I was going to go straight home and tell her all about the date, but once I was here standing in front of her, I just wasn't really up for it tonight.

"Hey Audrey." she said to me.

"Hey." I replied still standing at the front of the living room

"How'd the date go?" she asked.

I decided not to protest this time about whether it was a date or not, because it obviously was.

"It was good." I simply stated.

"You want to talk about it?" she asked.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty tired, so maybe in the morning." I told her.

"Ok" she said "Sounds good."

I nodded and walked out of the living room and in to what I considered as my room. I grabbed some clothes to sleep in and got changed. Then I went into the bathroom and took my makeup off and brushed my teeth. I turned around and ran my hands through my hair. I was staring at the shower curtain, I really needed to take a shower since I didn't take one this morning. I should take one. But I'm so tired.

Oh screw it I'm taking one in the morning, I said to myself, ending the conflict in my head by coming to a decision.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked to the bedroom that I considered as my room. I turned the light off and slowly made my way to the bed trying to avoid tripping, hitting, or bumping into anything. Finally I made it to the bed and sunk into the soft mattress and fell asleep.

•••

I woke up the next morning and got up and headed to the bathroom. I was pretty awake now, considering I got a surprising amount of sleep last night. I walked into the bathroom and did all the basic morning routine essentials. I finished that and turned around found myself facing the shower. I remembered the little conflict I had with myself yesterday night and then stripped down and got in the shower. 

I finished the shower after about twenty minutes, and got out and grabbed two towels from under the sink. One for my body and one for my hair. I wrapped one around me and starting using the other to dry my hair some. 

Then I heard the doorknob jiggle, after it became clear that it was locked, there was a knock at the door. 

"I'm almost done." I said to the person at the other side of the door. 

"Ok" was all I heard, and I instantly recognized the monotone voice at the other side of the door as Harry.

I dried my hair a bit more, and then changed back into the clothes I was wearing. I put everything back where it was and hung the towels up on the rack to dry. Once I finished, I opened the door and saw Harry leaning against the wall across from the bathroom, and was scrolling his thumb along the screen of his phone.

"It's all yours." I said motioning to the open bathroom.

He looked up, "Thanks." he said and put his phone in his pocket and walked the as I started to head down the hallway.

"Wait." I heard Harry say from behind me as a grabbed my arm.

"Yeah?" I asked as I turned around to face him.

"So um, how was that date with Zayn?" he asked.

I could tell it had been bothering him, by the way he asked and just by common sense that he wanted to know what all happened on the date.

"It was good." I answered. 

"W-was is better than your date with me?" he asked nervously.

I slightly laughed, but he looked up and gave me look showing he was serious. I thought about my answer for a second, just to provoke him some, because I already knew my answer.

"No" I said, and bit back a smile, although it was still evident.

I saw him smile a little, but it was hardly visible as he tried to hide it as well. With that I turned back around and continued to walk back down the hallway.