Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Harry's POV

"What?" I said

"She thinks you were the one who punched her." The doctor said again.

"But how is that possible?" I asked.

"The brain is a mysterious thing, many things can happen to affect the memory." The doctor said

"So does she think I was the only abusing her all those years or does she remember it was her dad?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted to know the answer.

"Hard to say, we are still waiting on all the results." He said.

"Oh" I replied looking down.

"But we are going to need you both and the other boys that were here to come for some more of the testing." I nodded and turned my phone back on to call the boys.

•••

Once the boys got here, I explained to them everything that happened, then the doctor took us all into a room where Audrey was. She was sitting cross-legged on the hospital bed. The doctor told us to sit on the surrounding couches and chairs.

"Ok Audrey we are going to ask you some questions and we need you to answer all of them" she nodded and the doctor took the chair from the desk at the back of the room and moved it next to Audrey.

"Ok lets began." He said taking a pen out of his jacket pocket and positioning it above the paper on his clipboard.

He began with the simple question like her name. where she was born, her birthday, how old she is, stuff like that. Every time she said something he quickly wrote it down on his papers. After those questions he opened the clip on the clipboard and removed the first paper with the bunches of notes scribbled on it. He closed the clip revealing a clean sheet of paper with a bunch of new questions typed on it.

"Ok now that we have all the basic questions out of the way, we have some of the more detailed questions." he said

"First of all I need you to tell me about your parents." he asked her.

"My mom died in a car accident that was my fault and after that my dad would abuse me." she answered. I sighed in relief that she at least knew that was her dad and not me.

"Ok know I need you to tell be who each of these people in the room are."

"Ok um thats Niall." she said pointing at him.

"Then Louis, Zayn, Liam, Anne and um t-thats Harry." she said a bit nervous when she reached me.

"Ok good, tell me a bit about each of them." the doctor said.

"Ok" she agreed.

She began with Niall and Louis saying somethings about them and that they were in One Direction.

"Zayn used to bully me a lot in middle school and high school and he is also in One Direction." she said and Zayn looked down.

She said a few things about Niall.

"Then Anne found me in the park when my dad beat me and left me and he was with her." she said pointing at me.

"Then she let me stay at his house." she said pointing at me again.

"Then um H-Harry is also in One Direction and is Anne's son, and I think I went to dinner with him once and I started to like him but he kissed some blonde girl." she stopped.

I started to smile a bit when she said she had started to like me.

She started up talking again "Then a day or two later, I was walking outside and he had gotten mad that I caught him kissing the blonde and he punched me down in on the sidewalk and then when someone was trying to help me he pushed them to the ground, then everything went black." she finished.

The doctor quickly scribbled on his paper, while I was yet again in shock but this time I was a bit hurt. Right now in her eyes I was just about as bad a person as her dad, and I hated having her think that.