Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Audrey's POV

After Anne left, once we got past the awkwardness, Harry and me started talking for a while. I had remembered that when we were at the house a while ago, it looked like Harry was about to ask me something before Anne came home.

"Were you about to ask me something earlier at the house?" I asked.

He looked a bit taken back by my question, but we answered, "Oh, um yeah." he said.

"What was it?" I asked him. 

"I was just going to um, ask you I guess where we stand. As in if you like me, hate me, somewhere in between, because I don't know." he said nervously.

"Well where do you think we stand?" I said.

"I don't know, I'd like to think that you like me." 

"Well you're right." I whispered, I was hoping I said it loud enough for him to hear.

"Really?" he asked with a smile.

I nodded.

"So, are you still up for that date that we never got to go on?" he offered.

"I guess." I joked.

"That's a yes right?" he asked, and I laughed a bit at his question.

"Yes Harry." I smiled.

"Good." he said, smiling back.

"I guess you could kid of consider this a date." he joked.

"Yeah, but not really." I said.

"Why not?"

"Well it wasn't really planned, and your mum was here so it'd be a bit weird." I said.

"True." he said and laughed some. 

•••

Harry and me had been at the restaurant for a while now, just talking. We didn't realize how long we had been there until Anne came.

"I'm guessing you both had fun." Anne said walking up to the table.

"What makes you say that?" Harry asked.

"Well it's been three hours since I left and I hadn't heard anything from you." Anne said.

"It's been three hours?" I asked shocked.

"Yep, almost four." she said.

"Wow." I said.

Anne nodded, and Harry left money on table for the bill that we got but didn't bother to pay until now. Harry and I got up from the table and went with Anne back to the car. Harry and I carried on our conversation, but Anne joining in this time until we got home.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep." I said then yawned.

"I think I will too." Anne said.

We exchanged goodnights before saying good night to Harry.

"Good night Harry." Anne and I both said.

"Good night." Harry said.

I went into my room and got ready for bed before collapsing on the bed and falling asleep.

Harry's POV

After Audrey and Anne went to sleep, I went to the living room and collapsed on the couch. I got out my phone and began to call Zayn; I had a few questions to ask him. I brought the phone up to my ear and listened to the ringing, waiting for him to pick up.

The ringing stopped and I heard Zayn's voice "Hello?" I heard him groggily say and I knew I had woken him up.

"Hey Zayn." I said.

"Harry?" he asked. 

"Yeah, it's me, and I need to ask you something." I said.

"Can't it wait until the morning?" he said.

"No, I really want to talk to you about this now." I told him.

I sighed and I heard the ruffle of his blankets through the phone as he sat up I'm guessing.

"Okay, ask away." he said.

"Well Audrey told me about the date you both went on and-"

"Harry I can explain that." he cut me off.

"Oh please enlighten me." I snapped at him.

"Look Harry, I only acted like that because of you,” he said.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"I realized that I probably shouldn't have done what I did, so I acted the way I did on the date so she would go back to you." he admitted

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah now don't make a big deal of it,” he said.

"Thanks." I said, after I didn't get an answer, I looked at my phone screen and realized he hung up.

"Thanks Zayn." I whispered to myself and got up and headed to bed.