Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Audrey's POV

After Harry told me Zayn was here, I opened the door, expecting Harry to be on the other side to walk me out there. But when I opened the door, Harry had already left. I really with he would stop pouting about this. 

I closed the door behind me and went out to find where everyone was. I heard voices so I followed them to the kitchen. When I walked in I found Zayn and Anne sitting at the table, and Harry standing at the other side of the kitchen.

"Hey" I said walking in, I was pretty much saying it to everyone, but Zayn was the only one who replied.

"Hey" he said and got up from the table and walked over to me.

"Well we will see you later." he said to Anne and Harry.

We both then headed to the door to leave.

"So where are we going?" I asked trying to sound excited, but it didn't work.

"You'll see." he said and smiled.

I rolled my eyes at that and got in the car. Zayn walked to his side of the car and got in. He took out his keys and started the car. 

Every few seconds I take subtle glances at him. He was wearing black jeans and a white button up shirt, paired with a black blazer and he had his dark hair pushed up. 

"So how's your day been?" he asked trying to break the silence.

"Good" I answered.

It was silent again after that. I'm guessing he'd hoped that I would start up a conversation once he said something. I put my elbow up on the 'arm rest' on the door side of me just below the window, and rested my head in my hand and looked out the window. 

A few minutes later Zayn pulled up in front of some fancy restaurant that I've never seen before.

"Here we are." He said.

He pulled into the parking lot and drove till he found a place to park. He pulled his keys out of the car, unlocked the car doors, and we both got out.

We walked up to the entrance and Zayn opened the door. I was about to walked in, but Zayn got in front of me, and walked inside. I quickly put my hand out to stop the door from closing, and then I walked in behind Zayn. He went up to the lady at the desk, while I just stayed behind and sat on the chairs that we set out to wait in. 

A couple minutes later Zayn came over the where I was.

"Let's go." he said.

"We're leaving?" I asked confused. He sighed,

"No, I mean lets go the table is ready." he said annoyed.

I didn't say anything back.

I got up and followed Zayn over the waiter who began to lead us around the restaurant until we reached the table he was aimed to find.

"Here is your table." the waiter said. "Can I start you out with something to drink?" 

"Can I have a chance to look at the drink options on the menu?" Zayn asked.

"Yes of course." the waiter said

"I'll just have water." I told the waiter.

He nodded and walked off to get the water and give Zayn time to decide what we wants to drink. I picked up my menu and began to look at all the food options. While I was doing that, the waiter came back with my water.

"Have you decided on a drink sir?" The waiter politely asked.

"Yeah" Zayn said, and told the waiter what he wanted to drink.

"Ok I'll be right back." he said. 

"So do you know what you're getting to eat?" I asked Zayn.

"No, I just decided what I wanted to drink." he replied.

"Oh ok" I said. 

The waiter came back with Zayn's drink and a basket of assorted breads.

"I will be right back to take your order." the waiter said and quickly walked off before Zayn could say anything.

"Have you decided on what you're going to get?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to get the lasagna." I told him.

"I don't see that on here. Where is it?" he asked scanning the menu. I pointed out to him where I found it on the menu.

"Oh that’s expensive." he remarked.

"Oh sorry, I can get something else." I offered.

"Oh no, its fine. I think I can afford it." he said.

I almost said something, because obviously he can afford it, but I decided against it.

"Are you ready to order?" I heard the waiter say.

I jumped a bit, not realizing the waiter had walked up.

Me and Zayn both ordered and the waiter nodded and left again.

"Does the waiter scare you or something?" he joked.

"No, I just didn't notice he was there." I replied, a bit confused by his joke.

Me and Zayn just made small talk for a while, I was probably wasn't as engaged in the conversation as I should have been though.

I just couldn't get my mind of one thing, about Zayn tonight. He was acting different, it was really weird. Was he just nervous about tonight and isn't sure what to say? I didn't really see Zayn as being the nervous type on dates.

Or maybe I was just comparing him to Harry, considering how much confidence Harry has with girls. I just brushed it off, I needed to not think about Harry, and not compare Zayn to Harry, because they are two different people.

Then I remembered how much I have been comparing the two of them lately. They both had similar personalities in some way, I even told Harry that. I guess they had different ways when it comes to actually taking a girl on a date instead of arguing over the girl.

*******

hope you enjoyed the chapter.

don't forget to vote :)

and please comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say :)