Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Harry's POV

"Should we take her back to that hospital?" I asked my mum as we started to walk into the living room.

"Lets just give her a few days and see what happens." she answered.

I nodded my head and sighed as I leaned back into the couch. I got out my phone and texted the boys about what happened. I decided to go get something to eat from the kitchen, as I was nearing the kitchen I heard my mum and Audrey talking. I stopped walking and tried to hear what they were saying.

"W-Why is he here though?" I heard Audrey say.

"I want him to leave." she continued with worry in her voice.

"Sweetie he lives here this is his house." my mum said.

"But why am I staying here, I thought you cared about my protection." Audrey said.

"Audrey he's not going to hurt, he's my son he won't-" she was cut off mid sentence by Audrey.

"You don't know that! He already hurt me, why does everyone think he won't do it again!" Audrey said with a lot of projection in her voice but she wasn't quite yelling or screaming at my mum but you could tell she was mad.

She was about to say something back to Audrey, when I stumbled over, and both of them turned by direction. Audrey quickly ran back to her room. I walked over to my mum,

"Harry were you listening to us?" my mum said a bit sternly.

"Why is she so mad at me?" I asked ignoring her question.

"I didn't think she would be that mad at me for what happened, she didn't seem that mad before, and not at all terrified." I asked

"Harry I don't think that's why she's acting like that, I'm pretty sure she's forgotten all about that." she replied.

"Then what is it?" I asked worried.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think the brain damage may be more worse than the doctors think." she said and my face filled with worry.

"Can we take her back to the hospital?" I asked. She nodded and went to get Audrey as I went out to the car.

While I was waiting for them I looked at my phone and noticed texts from the boys. I just ignored it and turned my phone off. My mum and Audrey came out to the car and we drove to the hospital. The car ride was pretty quiet except Audrey asking why we were going there since she just got out. We arrived at the hospital and went to check in at the front desk, and then we sat down in the waiting room. A few minutes later the nurse came out calling us back.

"So what seems to be the problem?" the nurse asked.

We told her everything that had happened and she went to get the doctor.

"Ok we are going to have to run a few more tests on her and hopefully have a few more answers to this problem." The doctor said once he came in the room. We nodded and he took Audrey to a different room for the testing. The nurse told us it would take about an hour.

•••

The doctor came into the room and informed us about Audrey's condition.

"Well it seems the brain damage done to Audrey has messed up her memory about the fight that had happened between you and her dad." The doctor said gesturing at me.

"Since you were the last person she saw before she went into a coma, she now thinks you were the one who punched her down, instead of her dad." He finished, and my mouth gaped open and my face fell.