Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Harry's POV

It's been a few days now since Audrey got back from the hospital. The new pills were working really well and she was regaining most of her memory. We did have too do a few things too help her with her memory. We took her to the studio and had her listen too the boys and I sing and listen too our albums, and that seemed to help. Then we tried to I guess 'relive' a lot of things; we started with when my mum and me found her in the park. We took her to the park and explained everything that happened. We did that with everything, went to the place and explained what had happened there. I decided too leave out the time at the park with Miranda, even though I knew she remembered, I didn't want too tell her about it.

Once we finished, we all decided just to go home and relax for the rest of the afternoon. After a couple hours of doing nothing at home, I began too get bored, well even more bored. I was contemplating whether or not I should ask Audrey if she wanted to go get dinner with me. I didn't want my mum to come, I just wanted it too be the two of us so I could talk to her alone, considering every time I'm with her someone else is there too, talking too her. I got up from the kitchen table and went into the living room where Audrey was watching something on TV. I walked over to the couch she was on and sat next to her.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" she replied back.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to go get some dinner, I mean if you’re hungry." I asked her.

"Sure, do you want me to go get Anne?" she asked about to get up off the couch.

"Oh um no, she doesn't want to go, she told me she was tired." I lied.

"Ok, where do you want to go?" she asked.

We both agreed to go to a local restaurant near the house. It was only about two blocks away so we decided to walk. Most of the walk there was awkward silence, because neither of us knew what too say. I think she was just waiting for me too say something, I am the guy I should start the conversation, but I don't know what too say. Here I am wanting time alone with Audrey, and now I don't even know what too say too her. I wanted too ask her about what she said to me the other day when we had arrived home from the hospital, she hadn't even taken the pills too help her memory yet, but she somehow figured out that I wasn't the one who hurt her that day. I realized I had a lot too ask her, but I wasn't sure how too ask or bring it up, or if I even should ask her. I guess I could bring up some topic related too it and then ask. I ended up asking the most stupid question I could

"So, are you starting too get your memory back?" I asked her. Ugh Harry why did you ask that, of course she is getting her memory back. I thought to myself, mentally slapping my face.

"Yeah I'd say I am." she said holding back a laugh.

"Well that’s good." I said laughing a bit.

"So about the other day, when you apologized for being so harsh to me." I began.

"What about it?" she questioned.

"Why did you apologize?" I asked.

"Because I was mad at you for something you didn't do." she answered looking down.

"How'd you figure out it wasn't me?" I asked.

"The nurse told me."

"When?" I asked.

"When you were outside with everyone else." she answered, and I nodded.

"What were you guys talking about?" she asked, and I was hoping she wouldn't, but she did.

"Oh, um it was nothing." I replied hoping she would drop the subject, but I knew she wouldn't.

"Then why did you tell me too stay inside?"

"Um I don't know..." I trailed off.

"You don't know really? Lately you and everyone else have been having little meetings without me and you know what, I feel left out." she said sounding upset.

"Oh, sorry I-I didn't know, we didn't want you listening the other day for your own protection." I said, I really didn't know how left out she was feeling.

She just scoffed at me.

"Please Audrey trust me, I really want to tell you but I can't, but I promise I will tell you soon, just not now." I said.

"Ok fine." she sighed. I was hoping she had let it got for now, I really didn't want the whole night to go like this.