Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Harry's POV

We arrived at the hospital and the workers told me to wait in the lobby because they were going to do a few test on her, but I could come back in when they were done. I nodded to them and walked to the lobby of the hospital. The place wasn't very loud. All I could hear was the beeps of the generators, the mourning of people over friends or family in bad conditions, and the front desk workers talking. It was a pretty sad environment, I tried to hold back my tears, but I felt one slide down my cheek. I looked down to see the phone in my hands going off, my mum was calling me. I answered the phone to here her slightly yelling tons of questions.

"Harry where have you been? You've been gone for almost two hours? Where's Audrey is she with you? I don't kn-" I cut her off mid sentence, and calmed her down.

"Mum I'm fine I said, but Audrey's not."

"What happened?" She said worried.

I told her everything that had happened. She told me she was on her way. I decided that I should tell the boys to so I sent out a group text to them. A few minutes later I got a reply from Zayn asking what happened I told him everything, and like my mum, he said he was also on his way to the hospital. Later on after my mum and Zayn arrived, the doctor came out to tell us it was ok to come in. As we went into the room I saw Audrey lying on the hospital bed with her eyes closed.

"She's still in a coma, but since the injuries weren't to terrible she should wake up soon." The doctor told us.

We nodded in reply and he left us alone with Audrey. None of us said anything, we weren't really sure what to say. We just gathered around Audrey. 

•••

"Harry, we are honing to meet up with the boys for dinner. You want to come?" Zayn asked.

"No" I mumbled.

"Well ok, but we will be down the street if you change your mind" Zayn said.

I nodded as he left the room. I've basically been here ever since the doctor let us in. I was sitting in a chair next to her bed to waiting and hoping she would wake up. But she hasn't yet. A few hours later my mum came back.

"Harry are you ready to head home?" My mum asked. I shook my head no, still looking at Audrey waiting for her to wake up.

"Harry we can come back first thing tomorrow morning" she assured me.

"I'm staying here" I said.

"I don't want her to wake up when I'm not here, I want to be the first thing she sees" I said.

My mum sighed but smiled

"Ok Harry ill go tell the doctor you want to stay.

The doctor came in with a pillow for me "Good night" he said to me.

"Good night" I said back.

A few hours passed and I was getting real tired, I tried my best to stay awake in case she happened to wake up. But as it got later and later it was no use I began falling asleep. Before I did I grabbed Audrey's hand and kissed the back of it.

"Good night Audrey" I whispered into her hand.

After that I fell asleep still holding her hand.