Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Audrey's POV

The date with Zayn was going okay. It wasn't the best date I've ever been on; then again I haven't really been on many dates.

Zayn and I were just finishing the last bits of our meal, and waiting for the waiter to come with the check. 

The talking between Zayn and I had been off and on. Right now the conversation was slowing down.

"Are you done with those?" the waiter asked motioning to out empty plates.

Zayn nodded, and the waiter took our plates.

"I'll be right back with your check." he told us and walked off carrying our plates. 

A few minutes later the waiter came back with our check. Zayn paid the exact amount with cash, and we got up to leave. As we were walking to the car in the parking lot, Zayn decided to speak

"So did you enjoy tonight?" Zayn asked while he grabbed my hand.

I was about to pull back, but I decided against it, not wanting to create an awkward moment.

"Yeah, it was nice." I told him as we approached the car.

"Good, glad you enjoyed it." he said walking to his side of the car, while I walked to mine.

Harry's POV

I was pacing back and forth in the living room, while my mum was sitting on the couch.

"Where are they?" I ask my mum.

"I don't know Harry, now stop walking in front of the TV." she told me.

I mumbled a 'sorry' and moved to a different spot to pace back and forth.

"Why aren't they back yet?" I asked.

"Harry they haven't been gone very long." she told me, with her eyes glued to the TV.

She was watching some show with a new episode that came on tonight, so she was completely oblivious of me right now it seemed.

"They should have been back at least thirty minutes ago. What if something happened." I said.

My mum sighed and paused the TV.

"Harry you need to stop worrying. We didn't give her a certain time to be home." she told me.

"But what if something happened?" I asked.

"Like what, the possibility that she actually had a good time? Is that what you're worried about?" she asked.

"No." I said and crossed my arms like a little kid.

She gave me a 'you know I'm right' look, because she was right and we both knew it.

"Harry, you brought on yourself. If you would have controlled your temper, it could have been you on a date with Audrey, not Zayn." 

I sighed, and threw myself down on the recliner and crossed my arms again.

"It's not fair." I said quietly.

"Life's not fair Harry." my mum said, and turned her show back on.

•••

I was still sitting in the living room with my mum watching TV. But now she changed it to another show that I found incredibly boring, and I wasn't paying attention to it. No matter what it was I probably wouldn't be paying attention anyway.

All of the sudden I heard the doorbell ring. I literally jump out of my seat and ran to the door, but slowed down once I reached the doorway and collected myself. I opened the door as calm as I could, trying not to make it seem like I've been anxiously waiting for them to get back.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey" Audrey said and walked past me into the house, she probably went to go find my mum.

"So how did it go?" I asked Zayn.

"It went good." Zayn said and put his hands in his pockets.

"That's um good." I said, and Zayn just nodded.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later." I said, trying to get him to leave before it gets even more awkward, and before I punch his face in.

"Yeah, see you later." he said "Don't forget we have to go to the studio tomorrow." he added.

"Yeah I won't." I said.

He nodded, hands still in his pocket as he turned on his heel and walked down the porch steps as I closed the door. 

Well that couldn't have been anymore awkward, I thought to myself. At least he had a civil somewhat conversation, without me yelling at him and I resisted the urge to punch his face right then and there. Also if he hadn't reminded me about going to the studio tomorrow, I probably wouldn't have remembered. With everything going on, I had completely forgot about that.

I wonder why he reminded me? If I didn't show up, I'd get in trouble; he and I both knew that. Then I remembered that the rest of the boys will be there too, and none of them knew what had been going on. Unless Zayn told them, and that’s why he wanted to make sure I was there so the boys could lash out at me for what I did.

They would have texted or called me about it though, but knowing Zayn he probably would have told them to wait. Well now I was really nervous to go to the studio tomorrow, I just have to pray that he didn't tell them. They do deserve to know, I just want to be the one to tell them, because Zayn will probably twist everything around to make it seem even worse. 

I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair as I walked into the living room.

"Where's Audrey?" I asked my mum.

"She was tired so she just went to her room." my mum said. "Don't even think about going in there to talk to her." she added.

"Whoa I wasn't." I smiled and put my hands up in defense.

My mum just lightly laughed and motioned for me to sit next to her on the couch.

"Are you ok?" she asked, I didn't have to ask what she was talking about, because I knew.

I shrugged my shoulders "I guess." I said. "Did she say anything to you about the date?" I asked her.

"No, she said she would in the morning." she told me.

"Ok, I have to go to the studio tomorrow so I might not be here when you wake up." I told her.

"Ok, maybe I can get Audrey to tell me more about the date since she'll know by then that you won't be there." she joked.

"Yeah, then that’s more things you can tell me about the date." I smiled.

"We'll see." she said. "Now go get some sleep."