Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Harry's POV

I opened up the folded note and began to read the sloppy handwriting. 

            'Place: local coffee shop

         Day/Time: Thursday, 4:30pm

            Objective: You need to-'

I heard my door opening and I quickly put the note back in my pocket before reading the rest.

"Harry, the waffles are ready." my mum said.

"Ok." I replied and got up of the bed.

When I walked into the kitchen, Audrey was at the table putting waffles on her plate. I grabbed a plate and sat down next to Audrey, and put some waffles on my plate.

As I was reaching for the syrup, I felt my hand on top of Audrey's, her also reaching for the syrup. She blushed, as I held back a smile. I quickly and awkwardly removed my hand and let out the small smile I was holding back.

"U-Um here you can have it first." she stuttered handing me the bottle.

"No, it's fine." I said pushing the bottle back to her.

She smiled and looked down and began to pour the syrup on her waffles. I decided now might be a good time to ask her what I wanted to ask at the restaurant.

"So Audrey, remember that time you were in the hospital...?" I trailed off.

"Yeah of course, I had been in the hospital a lot lately." she smiled.

"Yeah, well remember when the doctor was asking you those questions about what you could remember about all of us." I asked, I started rubbing the back of neck; I was getting a bit nervous.

"Yeah..." she trailed a little confused.

"Well, I don't know if you remember this part, but you were saying what you still knew about me, you were saying that you had remembered that you had started to like me some, and I um wanted too know if you still meant it?" I nervously asked, and I still had my hand on the back of my neck.

"Oh um.." she stopped obviously not knowing what to say.

"You don't have to answer, but I wanted to know if it was still true." I asked, I was beginning to get a little less nervous.

"Uh um maybe." she said and looked up so her eyes met mine.

"Really?" I smiled. She smiled back and nodded, blushing a little bit. I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face.

"Now what?" she asked.

I pondered the question for a second, then decided what I should do. I got up from my seat and stood in front of her and grabbed her hands.

"Miss Audrey," I began and she laughed. "Would you do me the honor of accompanying me on a date this Saturday night?" I said and smiled widely. She laughed and nodded her head in acceptance.