Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Harry's POV

And the fun thing about this is, you're going to do it in public, and I'm going to come watch." he smiled. 

And I froze.

"W-What?" I said in disbelief.

"I'm going to watch you." he repeated with the same sinister smile. "It’s going to be excellent."

"What do I have to do?" I asked nervously.

"Well, I just have the general idea, the rest is up too you, just make it as horrible to her as you can." he told me.

"Oh." I said and looked down.

"I'll give you all the information, the time, the place, all that." he said and got out a post-it note stack and a pen from his pocket.

Who walks around with a stack of post-it notes in their pocket? I thought to myself.

I was brought out of my thought when he handed me the post-it with sloppy handwriting on it, but neat enough I could read it.

"Goodbye Harry." he smiled and walked off down the parking lot.

I just stood in my still; I couldn't bring myself to move. I was still processing what just happened. I brought myself to turn and walk into the store. I kept losing myself and bumping into things, I just couldn't focus on anything. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. I finally found the aisle with the flour. I grabbed the sack of flour and walked to the checkout. After I paid, I picked up my bag and started to walk home. 

•••

I had been walking for a while now, and I was almost home. I know my mum is probably really worried right now. If it wasn't for the encounter with Audrey's dad, and then me being so distracted by my thoughts wandering of what he said, I probably would have been home about forty minutes ago. I started walking a little faster to get home. I wish I had brought my phone with me, so I could ease my mum's nervousness, if she is worried, which I'm guessing she is. I finally made it home and was walking up the driveway.

I opened the door and just as I closed it, I was engulfed in a hug from my mum, and Audrey was walking out of the kitchen, smiling at us. I gave Audrey a smile, and she blushed a little and looked down.

"Oh my goodness Harry you had me so worried!" she said squeezing me in the embrace.

"Mum I'm fine." I laughed and pulled out of the bone-crushing hug.

"Sorry, I just thought something happened to you." she said.

"It's ok, I just got a bit lost getting there." I said, that wasn't completely a lie, I did get lost a little, even though Audrey's dad was the one who made me late. But I wasn't going to bring that up.

My mum laughed and I handed her the flour. She went into the kitchen, and I told her I was going to my room for a bit. She said she'd inform me when the waffles were ready.

I walked into my room, and fell back on my bed. I buried my hands in my face and let out a sigh. I stayed in that position for a while. I soon removed my hands from my face and grabbed the post-it note from Audrey's dad out of my pocket. I hadn't bothered to read it when he gave it to me, so I decided I should read it at some point.