Chapter 70

Chapter 70

Harry's POV

After we finished the recording, we all decided to head out for some lunch. Some were a bit hesitant at first, but finally agreed. We all got in our separate cars and headed to our normal lunch place. The place was close, so we were all there in a matter of minutes.

"Man I am so hungry, I skipped breakfast this morning." Louis said, walking up to where we meet in front of the restaurant.

"I'm hungry too, but I had breakfast." Niall said. 

Zayn began walking over to us, and we were just waiting for Liam to get out of his car. Once he did, we all walked inside and sat down at our usual table as a waitress gave us menus. She took our drink requests, and then scurried off.

Niall started off the conversation, and we all just joined in at different times, just saying whatever came to mind. Minutes later the waitress came back with our drinks, and took our orders. We handed her our menus, and she left.

•••

We finished eating and each paid for our part of the meal. I followed them out to the parking lot where we all said our goodbyes and went our own ways for the day. 

I got in my car and drove home, anxiously wondering what was in store for me when I got there. Like whether or not Audrey was still upset with me, and if she would give me a chance. I also wanted to know how the date went. 

I made one last turn and was finally on the road that led to my house. I drove on to the driveway, and quickly got out of the car.

I walked inside and didn't see my mum or Audrey in the kitchen, so I figured they would be in the living room. My assumption was correct when I walked into the living room and saw my mum and Audrey watching a movie on TV.

"Hey," I said, "I'm back."

"Hey" they both said, not taking their eyes off the TV.

"Well I guess your movie is more important than me." I said and put my hand up to my chest, pretending to be wounded.

"Aww poor Harry." Audrey smiled and looked over at me, then back to the TV.

"At least someone cares about me. I guess a movie is more important to my mum than me, her only son, her youngest child, her-" I got cut off from my over exaggeration by my mum.

"Welcome home my darling son Harold, we have missed you so much." My mum exaggerated.

I looked over at Audrey and noticed her giggling at both of us, god she is so cute.

"You both are so much alike." Audrey smiled, referring to both of our exaggerations.

"At least I notice my mum when she comes home." I said, pretending to cry.

"Oh get over it." My mum joked.

I smiled as Audrey erupted in a fit of giggles. I kept the smile on my face as I walked over to sit on the couch with my mum. I leaned over to whisper something to her so Audrey wouldn't hear.

"Can you maybe go to the store or something so I can talk to Audrey in here?" I asked.

She didn't respond, so I hope the answer was yes but I was worried it wasn't.

"Well, I need to go get a few things at the store so I will be back later." My mum said and rose from the couch.

"We can come with you if you want." Audrey offered.

My heart sunk a little when she said that because it sounded like she didn't want to be left here with me. I felt a bit better though when I realized she said 'we' meaning I would come.

"Oh no its fine." My mum said.

"Ok" Audrey simply said.

I was happy she didn't protest against not going, because I was thinking that she might. My mum grabbed her keys from the table and went to her room to get her shoes and her purse. 

Could she be any slower? I sighed, as she finally walked out of her room.

"Ok see you two later." she said and walked out the door.

I heard the click of her locking the door, leaving Audrey and me alone in the living room.