Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Harry's POV

We were all just about done with our meals by now. I tried keeping the conversation light and to a minimum, but they just kept on talking. I stopped paying attention to Lori and Mark talk after awhile, and I was glancing over at Audrey. She was being awfully quiet and I couldn't help but wonder what was going through her mind. I wouldn't have necessarily expected her to be talking a lot right now. Was she just nervous meeting new people?

She was pretty shaky when she met my mum and me, and the boys. I'm pretty sure that was only because she had only just gotten away from her father. I'd expect her to be over that by now. I guess it is just awkward for her to have two strangers be eating with us.

We finally finished our food, and the waiter came by with a check. I grabbed the check and looked at it then told them their half to pay. They looked at me confused, but Mark got out his wallet anyway. I don't know why they were giving me a confused look; there was no way that I was going to pay for everyone. They intruded on me and Audrey's dinner, if anything they should be paying for me.

Nevertheless, we both paid and set the check out for the waiter to grab when he comes back. Lori and Mark both started rambling on about something I wasn't paying attention to nor did I care, as Audrey and I sat in silence.

The waiter came by and got the check, and I was anxiously waiting for him to come back so we could leave. I was almost tempted to just forget about by credit card and leave, but I didn't, I knew how stupid that was I just wanted to leave.

I was so relived when the waiter finally came back after what seemed like hours. I took my credit card and put it back in my wallet. Audrey was sitting on the outside of the booth, so I lightly tapped her to signal her to get up from the booth. She got up, and we both headed out to the parking lot, Mark and Lori in close tow behind us. I was walking quickly, trying to get away from them. I knew I was having a bad attitude towards them, but I couldn't help it.

Audrey and I said bye to them and began to walk towards the car. I turned around and Mark and Lori had disappeared. I was bit confused as to how they left so quickly, but I shrugged it off.  Once we got in the car, I heard the click of her seat belt. I was about to put mine on and start the car, but I stopped.

"Sorry tonight didn't go as planned." I apologized.

"It's okay," she said, "You were just being nice to them."

"Did it bother you?" I asked.

"No not really, it was just a bit awkward." she told me.

"Then what was bothering you earlier?" I asked her.

"I wouldn't say something was necessarily bothering me, it's just that...they reminded me a lot of my parents." she said, "Well how they were when I as younger." she added.

"They joined other peoples dinner?" I joked. She laughed a little before speaking,

"No, but if they did that is probably how they would've handled it," she said, and I finally decided to start the car.

"Yeah that guy's voice sounded a lot like your dad." I told her, and she nodded her head in agreement,

"He did," she said.

"Has your dad always been the way he was?" I asked her, as I drove out of the parking lot.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean has he always been manipulative and abusive, or was did he start acting the way he does after your mum died." I explain my question.

"When I was little he was pretty much the best dad I could ask for, but as I got older I started to get some suspensions about him, but I let it go." she told me.

"Did he ever abuse your mum?" I asked.

"Not that I know of, they did fought every now and then, but nothing more then yelling at each other." she said.

"He did have a bit of a reputation of revenge if someone messed up anything important to him, so with me he just snapped and made it a daily revenge instead of a one time thing." she added.

"Oh," was all I could think to say.

"Sorry for asking you all this." I added.

"It's fine, it feels nice to talk about it for once." she told me.

A few minutes later we arrived at home and we got out of the car. We walked up the steps and I got my keys and unlocked the door and walked inside.

"Welcome back," I heard my mum say from the kitchen.

We walked into the kitchen to be greeted by my mum again.

"How'd it go?" my mum asked as she was cleaning up the kitchen.

"It was...interesting." I answered and Audrey nodded.

"How so?" she asked.

Audrey and I told her everything that happened and everything we thought about it. 

"Well...I'm not sure what to say about that." she said, and I didn't blame her.

"Okay, tell you what, how about I make you both a quick snack before I head to bed and you can continue your date." she said, and me and Audrey both agreed.

Audrey's POV

Anne made Harry and I an assortment of little sandwiches before she went to bed. Harry and I sat at the kitchen table and started talking. 

We had been talking for over an hour now, our conversations filled with random topics, giggling, and laughing at each other. After about two hours of converse we both began to grow tired. Harry put the plate in the sink and walked me to my room.

"I hope tonight wasn't to horrible." he said once we approached the door.

"It was wonderful Harry, don't beat yourself up about it." I assured him.

"Okay," he said.

We stood there for a few seconds before I noticed Harry begin to lean down, his lips connecting with mine as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. In this moment here with Harry, I felt protected, like nothing and nobody could ever hurt me again, that as along as I'm here with Harry I'm safe and I don't need to be afraid. We both pulled away and he gave me a smile and said

"Goodnight Audrey,"

"Goodnight Harry," I said back.

THE END

***********

thanks for reading :) I have the prologue for my next fanfic posted and I will post the first chapter on Sunday