Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Audrey's POV

"Me." Zayn said quietly.

"You?" I questioned making sure I heard him correctly.

He nodded.

"Since when do you even give a damn about me?" I asked harsher then I should.

"Since he first met you." he said looking down.

"I find that hard to believe." I scoffed at him.

"I know, I'm sorry about that." he said.

"Ok Zayn, like I said a few weeks ago, a simple 'sorry' isn't just going to fix everything." I told him.

He just sighed, mumbling an 'I know' under his breath.

"Will you just hear me out?" he stated more than asked.

I crossed my arms, moving the weight of my body to one side and nodded as a signal for him to talk. He walked over and stood right in front of me and grabbed both my hands. I pulled back, and took my hands away from his. He took a step back, and began to speak.

"Ok look Audrey, I was stupid and I was dumb back in those school days. I'm not sure why I bullied you, well I kind of do, but I also don't an-"

"Zayn" I cut him off.

"What?" he asked.

"Get to the point." I said smiling a bit.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He paused for a second.

"Ok as I was saying, I guess I did it because you were new and really smart, and I was considered one of the popular guys. At first I was going to try and actually talk to you, but then all the other guys had you classified as a nerd or geek. So if I was nice to you, my reputation would be ruined." he said.

"Oh ok, so you were mean to me because if you weren't your reputation would go down the drain, that’s a great apology." I said sarcastically.

"I felt bad about it everyday, I always regretted being mean to you, and I still do, and I swear if I knew what was going on with your dad, I never would have said nothing but nice things to you." he said,

I began to open my mouth to speak but he put his hand up, signaling to me that he wasn't done.

"So when you came to the studio with Harry that day, I couldn't help but feel it was like a sign. Like somehow after the years, you were brought back to me, to give me a second chance, to apologize for everything. I know it sounds a bit cliché, but its true." he finished.

I stood there, somewhat shocked by what we said. The part about the sign did make some sense, but also it didn't.

"If it was a sign, then how come Harry found me, not you?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I do know that I want you to give me a second chance." he said.

"Um..ok" I said.

"Great." he said, and then began to speak again.

"There is something I want to ask you though, and if you say no, I understand, but I will be asking again in soon if you don't agree now." he said.

"Ok.." I said curiously, and a bit scared.

"I want you to go on a date with me."