Chapter 68

Chapter 68

Audrey's POV

After my encounter with Harry, I walked back down to my room. I was freezing, so I just got in bed and pulled the covers up to my neck. I wasn't particularly tired, but if I lied here a bit longer I would probably fall asleep considering how comfortable I was.

•••

I suddenly woke up and sat up. I had fallen asleep without even realizing I had until now. I looked over at the clock, and I had been asleep for almost an hour. I pulled the covers off, and got up. I opened up my door and walked to the kitchen.

I could smell the aroma of bacon and eggs as I could down the hallway. I arrived in the kitchen and heard the bacon sizzling on the stove as Anne turned around.

"Good morning." she greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning." I said back and sat down on one of the barstools.

"That smells so good." I told her.

"Thanks, I felt like cooking this morning." she told me.

"I'm glad you did." I told her.

"Harry's going to be at the studio most of the morning and part of the afternoon." she informed me.

"Ok." I said. 

Anne took the bacon off the stove and turned the stove off.

"How much bacon do you want?" she asked.

"Um, maybe five pieces." I answered.

She nodded and put the bacon on the plate she already had out for me next to the stove.

"Will you pour us some orange juice?" she asked.

I agreed and got up and got the cups and orange juice out. I poured it into the two cups and out the orange juice away, and the cups on the table. Just as I finished Anne came over with two plates of bacon and eggs, and put them down in front of us on the table.

"Thank you." I said as I picked up the fork and started eating.

"No problem." she said doing the same thing.

"So, you ready to talk about your date with Zayn?" she asked.

"Yeah, I guess, there really isn't much to talk about though." I told her.

"Well just tell me how it went." she said and I nodded.

"Ok well, he picked me up and we drove to the restaurant which was a pretty fancy one." I began and Anne nodded.

"Oh and he never opened the door for me which I found strange, but I guess that’s just me." I said.

"Well that is strange, I would expect him to." she said.

"I guess not all guys will, I just got used to it with Harry doing it all the time, so it was just different." I told her.

"Well I'm glad Harry opens doors for you, if he didn't I would have to have a serious talk with him." Anne told me, obviously proud of her son.

We both laughed, then Anne asked, "So what happened next?"

"We went inside and he went up the check in desk while I sat on the waiting chairs they had set out. When he came over to me, he had told me we were leaving. I got confused and thought we were leaving, but he told me we weren't but he said it kind of snappy." I told her.

"Oh" was all she said. 

I continued telling her about the date. I told her everything he said to the waiter and how he said it, and I told her about how he randomly suggested that I was scared by the waiter even though I was just startled because I didn't realize the waiter had some back. 

"That sounds like a really weird date." she said once I finished.

"Now that I think about it, I really was." I said.

"So you like Harry better." she stated more then asked.

"A lot better." I confirmed, and smiled at the thought that I liked Harry.

"Well that’s good, I knew you did." she smiled and got up to put her plate and cup in the sink.

I got up and did the same thing and helped her wash off the dishes.

"You should talk to Harry about all this when he gets back." she told me.

"Yeah, I was planning on it." I said.

"Good, he's been bothering me so much for me to tell him what I knew about your date." she laughed, and I laughed also.

"Do you want to tell him about the date or do you want me to, so you don't have to explain it again." she asked.

"Um, I'm not sure I'll let you know when the time comes." I told her.