Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Harry's POV

I was really happy that Audrey finally told me about the date. I'd rather hear about it from her than my mum, because my mum would probably forget some details. I couldn't believe how Zayn acted on the date, surely he would know how to act on a date, he's been on plenty of them. I really did need to talk to him.

"So about-" I started to ask, but I was cut off by the front door opening.

I cursed under my breath and got up to go help my mum.

"Hey Harry." she greeted.

"Hey." I grumbled.

"Everything okay? Did you talk to Audrey?" she asked.

"Yeah, I talked to her and I was about to ask her if she stills likes me and would go on a date with me and whatnot." I said angrily throwing my hands up in the air.

"Sorry Harry, I didn't know. Did she at least tell you about the date?" she asked.

I nodded and began to help her take the groceries out of the bag and put them in the appropriate places.

"For someone who wasn't planning on going to the store, you sure got a lot of stuff." I joked.

"Well I was just going to go to the store tomorrow, but I ended up going today because of you." she smiled.

"So I just got everything you were running out of,” she said.

I just smiled and nodded again as I threw away the plastic bags that held all the items from the store. Once I finished that, I noticed Audrey walking in.

"Do you both need any help?" she asked.

We both shook our heads no; we only had a few items left on the counter to put away.

"Sorry I would have come in sooner, but the movie was almost over and I wanted to see the end." she smiled.

"Oh that’s fine,” my mum said.

"Okay." Audrey said, and she helped us put the last of the groceries away anyway.

"Okay now that that's done, shall we go out for dinner or shall I cook?" Anne asked.

"Actually going out for dinner sounds good right now." I said.

"Sounds good. Harry?" my mum questioned, asking if I was in agreement.

"Yeah, sounds good." I answered.

"Okay lets go then,” my mum said.

We all got in my car, me driving with Audrey in the passenger seat, and my mum in the back. We went to a local restaurant in an outdoor shopping center not far from the house, so we were there in a matter of minutes. The conversation in the car was light; we were mostly just listening to the radio. 

Once I parked, we all got out and went into the restaurant and got a table. We got our drinks and ordered our food and began to talk for a while. The three of us were just talking about random things, my mum was asking about the new album.

After a few minutes, the food finally came and we began eating. We were all having a good time, it was one of the first times we all went out and just talked and we got to know Audrey better. 

Once the food came it was a bit silent between us as we devoured our meals. My mum was the first to finish.

"Okay, well I think I'm going to do a bit of shopping and let you both talk for awhile." my mum said.

I was a little stunned because I wasn't expecting that to happen. I assumed that she did that to give me time to talk to Audrey about that I wanted to earlier.

"Yeah, okay." I said.

"I'll call you when I'm ready, or you can call me when you're ready." my mum said, and with that she walked out the door and into the shopping center. 

After she left I noticed Audrey shift uncomfortably in her seat.

"Were you about to ask me something earlier at the house?" she asked.

It took me a second to answer because I wasn't expecting her to ask that, or anything really. "Oh, um yeah." I answered.

"What was it?"

"I was just going to um, ask you I guess where we stand. As in if you like me, hate me, somewhere in between, because I don't know." I said.

"Well where do you think we stand?" she asked.

"I don't know, I'd like to think that you like me." I said.

"Well you're right,” she whispered, but loud enough so I could hear.

"Really?" I asked with a smile coming on my face.

She nodded.

"So, are you still up for that date that we never got to go on?" I asked, still smiling.

"I guess." she joked.

"That's a yes right?" I need a confirmation of a yes.

"Yes Harry." she smiled, and I smiled back.