Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Harry's POV

I not so patiently waited inside for them to come back. I was happy Audrey got to see her brother again, but I really wanted to spend time with her. I felt as if I was being selfish, in fact I knew I was, I shouldn't be she never gets to see her brother anymore, and I get to see Audrey everyday. I really did want to just talk with Audrey alone for a while, every time I feel like I might get the chance too, it gets taken away. A few minutes later Audrey and Tyler came back in. Audrey sat down and Tyler whispered something to her and then told us he'd be right back with some water for us.

"So did you tell your brother everything?" I stupidly asked, of course she did.

"Yeah." she replied.

"What'd he think about it all?" I asked.

"Well, he actually came up with an interesting theory that I wanted to ask you about, because I'm not sure if it's true." she said.

"Ok, ask away."

"Ok well, he thinks that the doctor and my dad might somehow know each other and that they gave me the memory loss pills to I guess get revenge on me." she explained and my eyes went wide with shock, I could not believe her brother practically figured it out.

"You don't think he could even do that though right? I mean how could he?" I nervously said, trying to act like I knew nothing of the sort.

"I don't know, it is pretty astonishing what he id capable of, he knows a variety of people in many different places." she explained.

I started fumbling with my hands nervously, I want to tell her that the prediction is correct, but I'm wondering if her dad would find out if I told her. There really is no way, unless Audrey does decide to call the police like her dad said she might.

"Harry, I asked you something?" I heard her say.

I hadn't realized I had been lost in my thoughts and didn't hear the question she asked.

"I'm sorry what did you ask?"

"I asked if you knew anything about this" she repeated again so I heard.

"Oh um... no" I hesitated.

"Why do I have the feeling that there is something you're not telling me." she stated more than asked.

"Um I don't know." I said

She looked as if she was going to say something else but stopped as her brother came and gave us our water. 

Audrey's POV

I was almost positive that Harry knew something that I don't. Once Tyler came back with the glasses of water, I got up and pulled him aside.

"I asked Harry about your theory and he keeps saying he doesn't know anything, but I feel like he's hiding something." I told him.

"Well I guess just see if you can get something out of him, or just let it go." he suggested.

"I guess I'll try both." I slightly smiled. He lightly laughed, then went back into the restaurant kitchen and I sat back down at the table.

"Have you told your brother everything you need too, or shall we invite him to sit with us?" Harry joked, but I could sense some hostility in his voice.

"No, it's fine now I don't need too tell him anything else." I answered, easing down his hostile state.

"Ok." he said, and we finally got the chance to decide what we want from the menu.

I remembered that I never got the chance too thank Harry for taking me to the restaurant where my brother works, but I decided against it at the moment. I'd just wait till he seemed to be in a better mood. This has been a very interesting night.