Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Audrey's POV

 I got dressed in the same clothes I had on yesterday, because those were the only clothes I had at the moment. I went back out to where Anne was.

"Ready to go?" she said. I nodded

"Have fun." Harry said a bit sarcastically.

I was actually a bit happy he wasn't going, he seems nice but I felt more comfortable around Anne. Me and Anne went to the mall, we started talking for awhile, then she brought up the subject I really didn't want to talk about. My dad.

"Audrey, will you please tell me what happened yesterday?" She said.

"I don't know..." I said.

"Audrey you are going to have to tell me at some point. Why not tell me now?" She said

"Fine" I groaned, she smiled.

"Ok, well it all started a few years ago when my mom died, and how she died." I said.

"How did your mum die." She asked.

"Car accident." I replied.

"After she died, he started losing control of everything." I said.

"Is there a reason why he took his anger out on you?" She asked.

"Um....yes" I hesitated.

"What is it?" She questioned.

"I don't want to say." I whispered.

"Well ok, I guess you've told me enough today." She said.

We finished shopping and headed but to Harry's house. We got a lot of clothes, shoes, accessories, and some other stuff. We walked in the door with all our bags.

"Harry we are home." Anne yelled.Harry came running in but stopped once he saw us.

"What did you do? Buy the whole mall?!" He said shocked. We just laughed.

"No Harry of course not" Anne said while smiling, Harry laughed. "Here let me help with some of the bags." He said while grabbing a few of the bags of clothes from each of us and took them to the guest room.

 Harry's POV

 "Ok Harry help her put the clothes away and organized everything." My mum said.

I smiled and did as she said. I was pretty happy it was just me and Audrey now. Just something about her that makes me want to be near her.

"You got some pretty nice clothes." I said

"Yeah" she replied.

I wasn't really sure what to say to her.

"So...did you enjoy shopping with my mum today?" I asked.

"Yeah she's nice." She replied "She reminds me a lot of my mom." She added.

"So where is your mum? I questioned, considering she has only said something about her dad, not mum.

"Um she died a few years ago." She said quietly.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." I said kinda sadly.

"It's ok, you didn't know." She replied.

"If you don't mind me asking, why was your dad abusing you like that?" I questioned.

"I don't know he does it a lot, but I did kind of deserve it." She said.

"How?" I asked kinda shocked by why she would deserve it. She didn't reply.

"Um Audrey? How did you deserve it?" I asked again.

"I just did." She said on the verge of tears.

"Audrey please tell me, you can trust me." I said trying to assure her she could tell me. She took a deep breath and agreed to tell me. She sat on the bed and gestured for me to sit next to her. 

She took another deep breath and started to speak.

"A few years ago me, my mom, and my dad were in the car driving somewhere." She began.

"One of me and my moms favorite songs came on the radio, and we started to sing to it." She began to start talking faster to avoid crying.

"My dad got mad and told us to stop, my mom did, but I didn't he got even more mad and looked at me to tell me to stop. My mom said to just let me keep singing, then they got in a fight. My dad had taken his eyes of the road to continue the fight with her, but when he did that, he didn't see the truck about to run into us, I tried saying something but nobody listened." She stopped, she now had a tear streaming down her face, but began again.

"The truck then hit the car, me and my dad got a few cuts and bruises, but my mom got hit the most by the truck and it killed her. She stopped

"It was my fault she died." She began to cry

"If I would have just listened to my dad and shut up, it wouldn't have happened." She cried

"It's all my fault." She said again and buried her face in her hands.

I felt really bad for her. I moved her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her rubbing her back, assuring her that it wasn't her fault, that her dad shouldn't have started a fight, but she wouldn't listen. She still believed it was her fault. She pulled away from my embrace and said

"My dad would hit me everyday saying it was my fault, my brother couldn't stand to see it any more, and he just left us, I would have left to but I couldn't, I was trapped there for the longest time...until now." She said and smiled a little at the end of her sentence, because she realized she was free.