Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Harry's POV

The next morning, I decided to get up early and go for a walk to clear my mind for a bit. I got dressed, grabbed a snack and some water from the kitchen and headed off. I made my way over to the local park. So many events have happened here. I looked around, and I could see the tree Audrey was at when we first found her, beaten up and away getting away from her dad. I spotted the place where Audrey saw Miranda kiss me. And I noticed the sidewalk where the whole feud with her dad happen. I was looking back on everything, realizing how much this park had changed my life, how much has happened here. 

I walk around and relax a bit on the benches, taking in my surroundings. Not really anyone was here since it was so early, so I was just listening to the random sounds of nature. Being here just made me think over everything that has happened. There are a lot of things I said and did that I wish I didn't say or do. I still haven't lost the thought of Audrey getting a coma being my fault. If she hadn't been mad at me that day, she would have been with me instead of out walking. I let out a sigh and leaned my head against the back of the bench I was sitting on and closed my eyes for a while.

An hour or two later I decided to head home. It was almost 7am, so I wasn't surprised when no one was awake yet when I got home. My mum and Audrey have been sleeping till 8 or 9am lately, depending on what we did that day before. It had been humid outside, so I was a bit sweaty, so I decided to take a quick shower to cool off. Once I finished, I turned the water off and changed into some comfortable clothes. I walked out of my room and stopped when I heard my mum and Audrey talking in the living room. I began to listen to their conversation, even though I know I shouldn't. This is probably the third time I've listened in on a conversation Audrey was having with someone, but I couldn't help it. 

"Do you know anything?" I heard her ask.

Of course she was asking that, she just couldn't let it go. I knew she wasn't going to stop asking everyone she could until she got an answer. I didn't understand why she was so focused on figuring this out. Should I just tell her? I mean I probably should. But something was telling me not too, and to just wait till a different time to tell her.