Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Audrey's POV

Zayn dropped me off at Harry's house. I got out of the car and silently thanked him. I took a deep breath and walked inside the house. I went into the kitchen; I didn't see Harry in there so I decided that it was a safe place to stay. I seat down on one of the barstools and just swirled back and forth slightly on the spinning barstool. I was startled when I heard footsteps behind me, and a hand put on each of my shoulders, spinning me around. I jumped a little in my seat, only to see that it was Anne, and then I calmed down. She laughed at my startled reaction and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm glad you're ok." she said and pulled back from the hug.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked forcing a smile, but the way I said it sounded like I was about to cry.

"The way Harry ran in here looking for you, made me think something had happened to you." she told me.

"I-is he here?" I asked panicked.

"No, he left awhile ago to go look for you." she said.

"Why is everything ok?" She asked concerned. I just shock my head and bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears.

"Audrey what’s wrong?" she asked and hugged me again.

"I-It's Harry." I said, with tears coming out now.

"Ok, lets ok into the living room." she said.

We walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

"Ok, now tell me what happened." she said. 

 I explained everything that happened. I told her about Harry's sudden outburst at the coffee shop, and the weird shadowy figure he was talking to. I also told her about Zayn coming to pick me up, and what he said about Harry. I decided not to bring up Zayn asking me out. I figured it was best not to bring that up right now. I was in tears again for maybe the forth time today.

Anne pulled me into another comforting embrace. "I'm so sorry sweetie, I don't know what’s gotten into him." she said and pulled back.

"I'll be sure to have a stern talking to with him." she joked, but I could tell part of her was serious.

I laughed at bit, but stopped once I heard keys jiggling in the door.

A few seconds later Harry walked into sight. He looked at us, Anne was giving him a furious look and I felt more tears running down my face.

"Harry can I talk to you for a minute in the kitchen please." she said, holding her anger back until they were in a different room.

"Audrey doesn't like it when we leave her out of conversations." he stated with a bit of cheekiness in his voice.

I smiled in my mind at his response, at the fact that he remembered when I told him that. Even though he was just saying that so Anne would talk to him in front of me, so she would be a little easier on lashing out at him. I shook the first thought away, he didn't care about me, he did just say that so Anne would be easier on him. 

Anne sighed, "Fine Harry I'll talk to you in here." she said with an annoyed tone.