Chapter 42

Her flaws arranged themselves into constellations, for the universe knew he was out stargazing that night. And what else could he do but simply fall in love with them? —Akif Kichloo

AN: Just wanted to share this beautiful quote with you, guys. 🌹

Weeks passed since Gavin's death. Everything changed, seriously. Speaking up at Gavin's burial was the hardest thing I did in my entire life. I was lucky I survived. I haven't confronted Hannah yet. And geez, thank god she didn't slap me when I went to Gavin's wake. I guess she's just really sad about what happened to her brother, but I know that we're not in good terms. That she hates me so much.

"Kirby!"

My thoughts were cut off when a classmate of mine called me. I looked at her and she smiled. I nodded and smiled.

I realized that I went back to my old self. The person who doesn't really talk to people. The person who would rather drown herself on the Internet, rather on her social life. I guess Gavin's death made a very great impact to my life.

I went to my next class and sat on my chair. I don't talk to people like I used to. Well, I tried before. I believe I am more of a half zombie now. I can't feel anything expect nothing.

I'm always sorry whenever Manu calls. I mean, I haven't been myself these past few days. I don't eat properly. I always stay in my room. I always sleep and ignore the world.

My last subject ended just like that. I didn't learn anything, to be honest. Just because I was nodding the whole time doesn't mean I learned something.

I went outside the room and went to my locker. I'm feeling lazy again. What am I doing with my life?

I closed my locker and I was shocked to see Chelsea with a sad face. I looked at her and smiled, sadly. Now we're all sad.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked. I was surprised of her tone. Her voice was like a glass that's ready to be broken.

I didn't have a choice, but to nod. We walked outside and went to the gymnasium. No one's practicing right now and it's a good thing, I guess.

I sat on one of the bleachers and waited for her to say something. She sat beside me and looked down.

"I want to hate you." She said with anger in her tone.

I looked at her with a confused look. I didn't do anything to her.

"Why—"

"God, I want to slap you so hard right now." She cut me off. "I want to be angry at you because of Gavin."

"Why are you people putting the blame on me?!" I shouted. "I've had enough, okay?! Was it my fault that he's dead, huh?! I'm hurt, too. Gavin is my friend." I cried. I'm sick and tired. Hannah is mad at me and she also thinks that it's my fault.

"Because you ignored him. He's in love with you." I said.

"What?! That's b***s***, Chelsea! You don't know me and Gavin. You don't know anything that's going on between us."

"Really? You have no idea what we're talking about every single day I teach him math. Yes, he always say that it's okay if you choose that other guy, but you don't know that he's hurting every time you choose Manu instead of him." She cried.

"And it's my fault?" I asked, disbelievingly.

"Yes! You are so selfish, Kirby. You only think about yourself. You didn't consider Hannah and Gavin's feelings. You're a flirt and you just want people in your life to be miserable while you're so happy and in love." She shouted at me.