NITRO

I ran out of the small house, my gloves shooting out the whip-like weapons. A space guy was already fighting, in a red suit. I darted towards him, lighting the ends of the flexible metal a bright orange. He missed the alien with his sword, and I jumped in front of him. Swinging my whips to make an orange light field.

I turned to him for a second.
"Hey Space Boy."

He blushed a faint red, his dark and mysterious eyes widening in surprise.
"H-hey..."

I pulled him out of the way as the alien started shooting at us, then went back to swipe fire at the attacker. Space Boy summoned his sword again, and fought along side me. He turned to me, for a moment.

"You know, we could use a fighter like you on the team." he laughed.

I stopped, turning to him.
"You mean it?"

"Uh... yeah, of course!"
He blushed again.

"Then take me with you."
I grabbed his left arm.

"I-"
He was cut off by firing shots, and I pushed myself in front of him. A burning blast of light shot straight through my leg. Space Boy's face contorted with horror. He pulled me closer to him in protection.

"Are you okay?"

"What do you think?"
I rolled my eyes.

"I mean... come with me. I can help..."
He offered a hand, pointing to his ship. It was a huge red cat, whose yellow eyes glowed in greeting.

"Okay. Let me just grab some stuff."
I limped back inside the house, grabbing my suitcase and small bag. I sprinted back outside, just as the house was blown to pieces. I kept running, and Space Boy ran with me the the Red Cat.

"What, are you moving in?"
He joked, noticing my suitcase.

"There are really important things in here, Space Boy. You wouldn't know."

We boarded the ship, and he sat in the pilot seat. He blushed suddenly.
"Uh... there's one seat. So you'll have to... ummm... yeah..."

"Oh. Okay."
I sat in front of him, and clutched the suitcase tightly. Space Boy's helmet communicator went off.

"Alright team, let's go. There's nothing more we can do here."

Space Boy looked at me, blushing.
"You might want to hold onto something."

I tucked the suitcase between my stomach and his, turning so that my arms wrapped around his waist. We shot off the ground, and I closed my eyes tightly. If never been in a space ship before, nevertheless one that resembled a giant cat. Not even resembled, it opened its mouth and let out a booming roar. I guess I was hugging him too tight, because Space Boy was holding his breath.

We exited the Earth's atmosphere, and sped off towards a black portal thing. There were other cat ships, all different colors. I loosened my grip, and he looked at me. I laughed.
"Look, I don't want to distract the driver or anything, but..."

"But...?"

"What's your name?"

"Keith Kogane. What's yours?"

I sucked in a breath.

"Nitro."

I used a code name, since I'd probably be left back home if he knew my real name...

"Nice."

It became quiet, and I looked him in the face again after a long silence.

"Can I..."
I reached for his helmet, and his purple eyes widened.