KEITH - WAITING

The blast had destroyed the camera. We all sat, stunned and devastated. I wanted to cry so bad.

It was silent for a long, long time.

Allura wasn't affected at all.
"Paladins, we must save our grief for later. She has given us an advantage in this war, and now we must take action while his troops are distracted by-"

"You don't even care, do you?"
I accused, dangerously low.

She tried to cover it up.
"I care about the war, and what is best. And right now-"

I grew angry.
"You've hated her since the beginning. You wanted her gone. Well, now she is! Are you quiznaking happy now, Allura? Are you glad she's-?!"

"Keith, that's enough."
Shiro said sternly, although I could tell he was also sad about Nitro.

"You don't understand!"
I shouted in his face.

I found myself breathing heavily.

No one could understand.

She was gone now.

And it was all my fault.

I let her go.

"I loved her, and now..."
My voiced cracked, I almost cried.

"I'll never get a chance to tell her."

Shiro's face turned sympathetic.
"Keith, I'm so sorry..."

No one said anything else.

I walked out, barely containing my tears. I passed Nitro's room.

The door slid open and I went inside. A sad smile formed as I sat on her bed, taking her pillows and pressing them to my face. I was crying by then. They still smelled like her. I missed that smell.

The tears came soon after, along with the sobs. I was gasping for air, for breath. I didn't want to do this anymore. I didn't want to be without her anymore. I wiped my eyes after a long time, taking one of her pillows with me to ship hangars. Her ship was supposed to be there, too. I sat, leaning against another ship for support.

And I waited.

"You promised."
I whispered.