PIDGE - Discovery

"Hey, Nitro?"
She visibly cringed.

"Yeah, Pidge?"

"I was uh... wondering..."

"About the explosion?"
She offered dejectedly.

"Yeah. About that..."

"I know what you're going to ask. And I'm telling you right now, I don't want to be your Guinea pig test subject."

I sucked in a breath.

Nitro continued, smiling sadly.
"Because I already ran some tests."

I jumped up, clapping my hands.
"Great! Tell me what you found!"

She swiped open a large hologram that filled the room. I recognized chromosomes, and she nodded.

"It's not in my genes, Pidge. It's some implant or alien radioactivity."

"How did you get it?"

She sighed, trying to remember.
"G and I were messing with dark magic, she was always into that stuff. Anyways, she read something about the sun and moon spirits? And I know it might sound really dumb, but..."

"But what?"
I egged her on.

"I don't know. I just... felt different. Like something else was with me..."

"Okay, you're seriously freaking me out. That's not scientific!"

"I know, but I don't think anything else could explain it. I took a blood sample, and look..."

She swiped again, and red blood cells started glowing the bright white energy we'd seen earlier.

"That was a stimulation of when I became... well, you know..."

"The Sun?"
I gasped in wonder.

She sighed.
"Yes, the Sun. Although, it's something I'm going to have to learn how to control, since it seems to react to my anger issues."

I smiled sympathetically.
"Listen, Nitro. I don't know how you feel about all this, but I'm definitely here for you if you want to talk, okay?"

"Thanks, Pidge."
She hugged me.

"That's what friends are for."