NOVA - PIECES

Nova hit the water, and I tried to close our eyes. Only one pair closed, and I could feel the other part of me resist. I never liked opening my eyes underwater, especially in the ocean.

'(F/n), stop...'

'You're so weak! I thought fusing would make me stronger...'

'But I do feel stronger...'

'This is so unstable-'

My thoughts fought each other, back and forth. I'm going to tear the fabric of my mind apart, along with this crumby blue planet.

'As long as Keith got away...'

'Shut up! He doesn't care about you!'

'That's a lie.'

'If he liked you so much, why did he leave?' I countered my thoughts.

'Because I told him to.'

'You're so stupid!'

'You're insane!'

'Ive been waiting to fuse for so long... and this is what I get? Haggar said you'd be strong. But she also told me you'd be a waste of time, a distraction from the real war. But I've been itching to destroy you... and now the time has come to fulfill our destiny!"

Something different happened, all at once. We found similarities in wanting to destroy each other.

Nova became a single, powerful unit, only brought together by hate.

"If I break down..."

Nova seethed, opening all of her eyes at once,

"... this world is ending by your hand in mine!"

I let out a tremendous roar, bursting through the water.

A blast of dark Galra energy alongside the power of the Sun lifted me up, up, up faster than any Lion or ship could ever go.

The loud explosion behind me told me that the planet had been destroyed, exploding into countless tiny dust particles.

I hit the atmosphere, and split off into two again. My pieces floated off, unconscious, drifting away from each other into space.