SHIRO

"Nice to see you two up this late."
I huffed, my arms crossed.

"S-Shiro!"
Pidge stumbled for words.

"We just went for a fly, that's all."
Nitro tried to brush off, attempting to walk past me. I grabbed her arm, spinning her around so that I could see her face clearly. She sighed.

"Hm. Last time I checked, 'going for a fly' didn't involve bloody mouths."
I narrowed my eyes.

"Aw, man! That's not even close to what she did to- uh... we crashed?"
Pidge blurted, and tried to cover up.

"Right."
I rolled, along with my eyes.

"Shiro, don't tell anybody, please..."

"No one needs to know but me."
I assured, taking a seat on the couch.

"We were fighting Galra."
Nitro stated quickly.

"It was awesome!"
Pidge blurted.

"You two know that's dangerous."
I groaned.

"Dangerously awesome?"
Pidge offered, and I shook my head.

"You have no idea what they'd do to you if they ever caught you..."
I rested my face in my hands.

"Shiro."
I felt a hand on my back. Nitro.

"I'm sorry. I just... I don't want my team getting hurt. Not the same way I did. I don't want that for you guys."
I glanced at my prosthetic arm.

Pidge placed her hand on my arm.

"That won't happen. We're all going to protect each other, Shiro. And if they catch one of us, they have Voltron to get through first."
I smiled weakly at her.

"Nitro?"

"Yeah?"

"I won't tell anyone. But you should probably go wash your... you know what? I'll do it, if that's fine..."
I started getting up to get a damp towel. The girls raised eyebrows at each other, and I laughed.

"Just hold still..."
I wiped some blood from her lower lip gingerly. She glanced at the towel.

"Is it bad?"

"No, you'll be fine. Minor cut. We just don't want the others to find out about your little field trip, huh?"
I laughed.

"Yeah, especially-"
Pidge was cut off by Nitro.

"Allura! Especially Allura. She'd be furious the castle didn't detect my ship and ban me from flying at all..."

I shrugged off the sudden awkwardness from the usually cool girl. I finished wiping her mouth.
"Well, that wouldn't be good. We could utilize your ship in battle."

"Unlike last time..."
She grumbled under her breath.

I raised a brow.
"You did pretty well for your first mission, what are you talking about?"

"I almost got Keith killed, if you consider that a good job."
Nitro groaned quietly.

"You really care about the little guy, don't you, Nitro?"

She took a deep breath in.
"Yeah, I guess I do."

Her hand brushed over Pidge, who was laying her head down on my lap.
"Uh... is she...?"

"She's tired. And I'm sure you are, too. So let's forget about Voltron and get some legendary sleep..."
Nitro laughed, stroking Pidge's hair.

I sighed peacefully, leaning back on the couch as Nitro leaned on my shoulder. It wasn't awkward, and I placed my hand on Pidge's back.

"Goodnight, Nitro."

"Goodnight, Space Dad."