SHIRO

Nitro is a dangerously strong fighter. As glad as I am that she's on our side and not Zarkon's, I'm still kind of skeptical. I walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

She shrugged.
"Middle school survival?"

I laughed, and so did the rest of the Paladins. Keith's face had looked like a tomato when we'd watched their duel, and I don't think I've ever seen him really care about anyone like that before. Though his possibly romantic relationship with Nitro isn't super obvious, that's probably as romantic as Keith gets. Just saying.

"Hey Shiro?"
Lance asked.

"Yeah?"
Lance was conflicted about cheering for Allura or Nitro, so he's just eaten popcorn and decided that whichever one lived would be his girlfriend.

Classic.

"Do you think I still have a chance with Nitro? She could beat me up..."

Keith overheard and turned red.
"I think she wouldn't hesitate to take that chance, Lance. And frankly, neither would I." He hissed back.

He was so defensive, even for Keith.

Usual arguments between the two, yeah. But over a girl? A girl that Keith took home? A girl that Keith was worried for during the duel?

Perhaps, a girl that he liked?

I pulled him aside when Nitro left with Pidge and Hunk for water.
"Keith. How are you feeling?"

"I'm... good?"
He gave a confused look, trying to squirm away from me.

"I mean... you and Nitro. How is it?"

His body went limp and his face pink.
"If you're implying that I like her, I can clarify right now that I don't."

"I wasn't saying you did."

He squirmed out of my grasp.
"And I'm telling you, I don't."

"Whatever you say, Keith."
Maybe he didn't realized he liked her yet? Wait, why do I even want to know? I sighed out loud. My 'team's dad' title wasn't far from the truth.

TEAM DADDY