Chapter 8: Sands of time

Normal pov

On the other side of the world, was a prosperous empire, one that stretched to Western Asia to the Mediterranean. For a certain auburn haired boy and Night Fury though, they've learned much in only a year in this new part of the world. The boy was now building himself up, growing stronger everyday, his intense training kept him sharp and deadly. Of course he and Toothless still had flights but close to the city, he'd still have to learn where the imperial city was so he'd not get lost. Yet Hiccup planned on staying here for a very long time, Persia was a precious jewel in the world.

And why wouldn't he want to stay?
Finally a place that accepts dragons as living creatures and not mindless monsters.
His training as an Inquisitor was going very well, the first week of training was a challenge, but now, Hiccup was very skilled in the ways of the sword, archery, knife throwing, hand to hand combat and other fighting styles.

Hiccups pov

Toothless has made improvements with his physic, his shot limit has increased from six to twelve, and he was bulkier than before, he truly was now an intimidating site, as if he wasn't before. Life here is amazing, more so than it ever was on Berk, because I'm accepted here for who I am, and because Toothless is seen as a living being, not a mindless beast. King Darius and his family have shown extreme hospitality to me and Toothless.

I've spent time with his son prince Xerxes who allows teaches me sword combat, we spar at least two hours a day, at first he took it easy on me, teaching me how to lunge, parry, and other techniques. I spend my days here training in weaponry, hand to hand combat, the surrounding country, and my forging.

I told Darius that I was a blacksmith, and he assigned me to work along side the imperial smiths to forge swords, and a new weapon that Darius spoke of. He said that once it's lit, it breathes fire and spits shards of metal, sounds excruciating if one were to be caught in that weapons crossfire.

It's by far the most advanced weaponry I've ever laid eyes on, and I've helped create it, I feel pride swell in my breast. Toothless and I fly outside of the imperial city and enjoy our flights, I always remember to take a map though I case we get lost.
This place, is absolutely amazing, life just got a whole lot more interesting.