Chapter 18: Premature burial and celebration

Normal pov

Three days after the defeat of the rebels, Rameses ordered that Abuskhau be set as an example to all of Egypt and future conspirators that treacherous actions aren't tolerated.

The rebel king in front of all of Egypt kneeled, his right eye was swelled shut, ribs broken, beads of sweat dripping down his face and his tongue caught the metallic taste of his own blood, from bearings from the guards. Rameses then made his way next to the traitor with Hiccup behind him. Rameses got the people's attention while raising his hands up.

"People of Egypt, we've just ended the rebellion, Abuskhau stands as their leader, and will set as an example that no reward is granted for turning against your pharaoh, his punishment is mummification, while still alive."

The crowd burst with murmurs and some gasps, live mummification was a cruel fate.

After twenty minutes persists of Anubis buried the rebel king in cloth and shoved him in a coffin, then they did something that shocked everybody, including Hiccup. The priests poured an entire jar of carnivorous scarab beetles. Abuskhau screamed in agony as he was being eaten alive and the priests closed the coffins lid shut. After the rebels screams turned into moans of pain then utter silence, Rameses diverted the people's attention back to him.

"This is the fate of all conspirators who'd dare make attempt on my life or raise war on their own kin, let this be the last time we give such a demonstration, you're all dismissed."With that said, the people left and went about their daily routine. Pharaoh than gave orders to deliver Abuskhau's coffin to the city of the dead, and he put his hand on Hiccup's shoulder. Hiccup nodded and retired back to his courters with Toothless in tow.

Hiccups pov

With the rebellion over, I can now finally rest for the day. I bathed first, enjoying the warm water, I closed my eyes and I imagined...

Astrid.

She looked different, she looked older, and more beautiful. My cock began hardening at the thought of reuniting with her. I wrap my hands around my cock and start to slowly jerk off, thinking of her in my arms and kissing her with as much passion as I could offer. Before I reach my climax, I stop.

I open my eyes and scoffed. 'She's probably moved on, maybe offered marriage contracts from fellow tribes.'Maybe there is still hope, after all, she is very stubborn.

I shook my head and finished bathing, after I dried off, I groomed myself until I looked presentable, I gave Toothless a basket full of fish, which he devoured and nuzzles my face as a gesture of gratitude, speaking of food, I'm going to get something to eat. As I made my way to the dining hall, I heard music and voices filled with joy.

I opened the dining hall door to be greeted with women in black and gold jewelry dangling off their bodies while dancing, music filling the air and many of the pharaohs generals, royal guards and other military leaders were either enjoying a warm meal, dancing or getting aroused by the belly dancers.

I spotted pharaoh and with him a man around my age, who had big muscles, long dreadlocks that had to become a ponytail and he was dressed all in black. Rameses looked at me and smiled he gestured me to come to him. "Hiccup, there's someone I'd like you to meet, this is Amam, my finest student in Egyptian swordsmanship." He nodded his head at me and I held my arm out and we grasped forearms and shook.

"It's an honor to meet you inquisitor, you and your night fury truly show no fear on the battlefield."

I smiled and nodded.

"Ah, we were serving Egypt and her pharaoh, the honor was mine to fight along side you." After many hours of food, talk, whine, and women, everyone retired for the night. As I was about to leave I saw Amam and an idea popped in my mind.

"Amam!" I called out, as he turned around he smiled and asked me what's up. I gave him an offer I'd know he wouldn't refuse.
"How'd you like to join me and become an inquisitor under the Persian banner?"