Chapter 26: Into the fold

Normal pov

"Get up."

Juva spat blood and got back to his feet, he had almost five months of Inquisitor training, and to say the Numidian was angry was an understatement. He knew these people were deadly warriors, he tried keeping his emotions in check, yet his instructor was pissing him off on a whole new level.

The Egyptian, Amam, pushed Juva until his bones felt like they'd snap, his breath snatched from his lungs and his body, pulsing and aching beyond belief.

Slowly Juva got up and got back into his defensive position, and he lashed out at Amam. Amam, was Hiccups second and command and was personally trained by Hiccup, so they gave the Egyptian knowledge of all of the different attack methods and it gave him an advantage to push Juva. The two men fought, swords clanging, sweat pouring off their bodies, the only thing that mattered to the Numidian was passing his final test and beat Amam. He'd be damned if he'd fail now, he had worked too hard to get where he was at now.

Above the training arena, there was a pavilion, where Hiccup and the rest of the Inquisitors watched as both Egyptian and Numidian battle to prove their newest members worth.

"You should give up Juva, you cannot continue fighting at this rate." Amam advised, and he wasn't wrong. Juva was greedily gulping in air as if it were water, he looked like he would pass out any minute.

The exhausted warrior spat and inhaled deeply, he than looked back up at his opponent. "Not until I've beaten you!" He snarled and lunged once more.

Hiccups pov

This Numidian has been at this for almost four hours, he's definitely committed, I'll give him that.

This was getting boring, the amount of time this was taking, the others informed us to call for them when the match was done. Only Ana and I remained watching, the two still going at it. Finally Amam landed a heavy blow that sent Juva back and he was on his knees, Amam brought his blade to his chin, looking up at me.

I jumped off the pavilion and landed gracefully, and walked toward the two combatants. "He failed the test Hiccup, what would you have me do?" Amam asked, sword pressing into Juva's neck drawing blood. I put my hand on Amam's hand, his sword leaving Juva's neck, he than looked up at us. "Stand up." I ordered him.

He got up with his head held high, I smirked and placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it. "Congratulations, you're one of us now." I said with sincerity in my voice, Amam looked at me with confusion.

Normal pov

"He lost though. How is he one of us now?" Amam asked, curiosity and confusion fetched in his face.

"He fought to the end Amam, when he was defeated, he knew he was defeated and accepted that lesson, let this be a lesson well learned Juva, you must prepare to fight to the death, because some enemies may never accept surrender." Hiccup told both men, which they both nodded.

By this time the rest of the Inquisitors joined the three and congratulated Juva and welcomed him with open arms. Though these men and women were ferocious warriors, they're still human, capable of expressing joy toward their fellow comrades.