Chapter 38: Thawfest games

Snotlouts pov

Ah yes, the annual Thawfest games, I've always won, it's been in the Jorgenson clan for generations, but this year, the prize is well earned. When I win, my engagement with Astrid will be sealed, she's going to put up one hell of a fight though, this is my chance to teach her that I own her now, she's my soon to be wife and will obey my wishes.

As always my dad and I warm up before the games, also giving me the pep talk about no Jorgenson has ever loss the Thawfest games and that he has complete faith that I won't lose. Astrid was preparing herself too, hehe, to bad it won't help her, she's going to be disappointed by days end.

Astrids pov

I will not allow myself to lose this years games, because if I win, I could get out of the marriage arrangement with Snotlout and hopefully wait for my true love to return home. My dad and I have been training together in hopes of putting an end to the Jorgenson clans winning streak, and put a dent in Snotlouts ego. The usual events were the sheep lug, axe throwing and log roll, but they've added some new events. These new events consisted of rock climbing, combat and taming dragons.

I was actually shocked to know that Berk was now trying to tame dragons, though this decision was a very tough pill to swallow, since we've been engaged with three century war with dragons. Not that I'm complaining, I've also been secretly training the Deadly Nadder we used to practice on in dragon training years ago, I named her Stormfly, I even convinced my friends to train dragons too, they were shocked to learn that I told them that Hiccup trained a Night Fury and that gave them a confidence boost to believe they can train their own dragons, Fishlegs got the Gronckle, the twins got the Zippleback and Heather, well she's still looking for a dragon, but ours treat her well as they do to us.

Stoick actually saw us tame our dragons and permitted dragon training, and though many disagreed with the decision, it was settled, Berk and dragons are at peace. Again thanks to Hiccup and Toothless killing the Red Death, now that we allow dragons to live here, we've made food stations and stables to house large numbers of the flying reptiles. Recently myself and the others went to Dragon Island to see the remains of the former titan sized queen.

But focusing on the task at hand, I finished my training and headed to the Great Hall for breakfast before the games began.
I sat with my friends we than began talking about the games.

"So, how're you guys feeling about this years games?" I asked with curiosity.

"Oh man! Me and Ruff are going to go ham! Normally we could care less about winning, but hey as long as there's pain and destruction we're in!" Tuffnut said with his usual hint of crazy, Ruffnut likewise shared a devious grin with her other half, knowing that they'd no doubt cause mayhem.

"Honestly I don't care about winning, as long as I get in shape, I'm fine with that." Fishlegs said, the once chubby teen had been getting himself in shape and all his fat was now bulky muscle.

"Eh, I'm with Fishlegs, it keeps me in shape and helps enhance my warrior reflexes, what about you Astrid?" Heather asked, the group looked at her awaiting her reply.

"Truthfully I'm going to do everything in my power to put that ego maniacs winning streak to an end and also if I win it could terminate our marriage contract." I said with determination. My friends looked at me with hope and gave me encouraging smiles. "Kick his ass sister." Heather said while smiling, I smirked and gave them all hugs.

Normal pov

An hour had passed and the games had begun, all of the teens on the island gathered and competed with each other, testing their strength, combat skills and intellect.
All the other teens were removed from the games to witness spectacle of the two who were tied.