Chapter 68: Heir

Hiccups pov

After many months, the day finally came for our heir to be born into this world.
Astrids screams of pain broke my heart, seeing her face twist in the sheer agony of being in labor. After months of her pregnancy, the big day finally came, to see our first child, and I couldn't contain my excitement and nervousness. I held Astrids hand for support, she gripped my hand to the point where it felt like the bones in my hand would break, but I held firm and comforted my wife.

"You must bear down Astrid." Valka urged, Astrid growled, her eyes squeezing shut, a tear sliding down her cheek. "What does it bloody look like I'm doing!!" She screamed, Valka nodded and looked at me, I smiled. "You're doing great Astrid, keep it up, judging by the pain our child has inflicted on you, I'll bet you it's a boy." I teased her while smirking.

Despite the pain Astrid was in, she laughed while stroking my cheek. "Ha! Perhaps it's a girl, she may have a warriors fury, this child definitely shows promise of a warrior." I chuckle and kiss her palm. Valka smiles at our talk and Astrid groans and screams, Valka dips a cloth in ice cold water and dabs it on Astrids forehead to cool her down. "Babe... you have... no IDEA how painful this is... AGH!! Fuck!!" Astrid wails, I kiss her sweaty cheek and tighten my grip on her hand.

"You're a warrior Astrid, you've fought until your hands were raw and bloody, you helped put an end to the Djinn, and yet labor is kicking your ass? I understand the pain must be excruciating, put I need to bear down with everything you've got. NOW!" I try to motivate her and her continues pushing and wailing, until we heard new crying. From that of a baby. Valka wipes the blood and juices off of the baby once the baby is clean, she inspects it.

"Congratulations you two, it's a boy." I smile and take my son from Valka and look at him, his crying had subsided and he looks at me, deep forest green eyes like mine, I cry tears of pure joy. "Astrid meet your son." I say, she gently takes him from me and gasps and makes cute noises as our son reaches out and grabs Astrids finger.

"What should we name him?" I ask, Astrid  smiled and than look back me. "Finn. Finnick Haddock." I smile and remember part of the reason why Astrid left me many years ago was the fact that she'd lost her uncle Finn to the Flightmare dragon that only comes out on Aurvandil's Fire. "Hello Finnick. Welcome to the world." I say gently and kiss his head, he sons drift to sleep, Valka smiles at us and places her hand on Astrids shoulder. "Well done lass, giving birth is always a challenge, but rest assured, your children will complete your world." Astrid smiles and gives Valka a hug. "Thank you Valka, for helping me." The older Haddock smiled.

"My pleasure, I leave you two alone to spend time with Finnick." I smile and thank mom for her help, I than sit next Astrid and we gaze at our son who has drifted to sleep. "He's so perfect Hiccup, thank you." I smile and gently stroke my sons head as he's in deep sleep now.

Astrid begins to  cry, I gasp and wipe her tears away and cup her cheeks. "You did the hard part Astrid, I planted the seed in your womb, you provided the both of us with a healthy and beautiful son, he'll be the first of many. The Haddock clan will multiply and prosper, thanks to you, we've begun the future generation of the Haddock line." Astrid gives a toothy grin and pulls me into a hug. "I love you." She whispers, I kiss her, and gently stroke Finnicks head.

"I love you too, the both of you." Astrid smiles and we soon hear the door open to see Fishlegs, Heather, the twins, Eret, Gobber, Stoick, Valka, Garth and Freyja, we smile at their arrival. "Everyone meet the newest member of the Haddock clan. Finnick Haddock." Everyone smiles and gathers around, Garth comes up to Astrid and places his hand on Astrids forehead. "Finnick. Finn. You chose a fine name. He'd be proud." Astrid smiled and nodded. "Uncle Finn was truly fearless, perhaps my son will wear that title." Freyja came to us stared in awe of little Finnick.

"Your son will truly be a sight to behold once he's older." We smile and show everyone Finn. The gods truly have rained blessings upon blessing on us, I can't wait to see what the future holds for our family.