Chapter 52: Challenge

Snotlouts pov

That weakling has some balls thinking he could come back here, claim he's better than us, and steal MY wife? To hell with him!!

"Don't that runt get under your skin Snotlout." I turned to see Snorre, he's three years older than me but he, Magnus and a handful of other guys I've become friends with over the years were helping blow off steam. I yelled in rage and crushed another dummy with my war hammer, I was watched as splinters flew everywhere, imagining those splinters were the blood of my cousin. Today, I was going to challenge my pathetic excuse of a cousin to a Holmgang, so I'd show his new friends and all of Berk he's still useless. Stefnir, Snorre, Magnus and Brenda helped me with my training, while my other friends were training separately.

We were some of the best warriors of our generation and I'd show these foreigners raw Viking fury.

I was practicing with my war hammer in the training arena, until I heard laughter, I turned to see Hiccup and his new friends, with weapons in hand, my teeth were grinding, jaw tensing and my fury was at a boiling point, such a smug little shit!

I marched over to him.

"What do you think you're doing here Useless?!" I snarled, he turned and I saw no trace of fear in his eyes, he crossed his arms with some weird looking weapon in his hand and gave me a stern yet taunting look.

"I'm going to train Snotlout, Stoick is letting me and my men use it for training, now be a good boy and play with your shit eating friends." He said tauntingly. Snorre and my friends began to snarl at my cousin and his companions, my nose twitched, Uncle Stoick suddenly has a soft spot for the festering disease that sprang from his loins.

I grabbed Hiccups wrist in a vice like grip, he grunted and turned around.

"How dare you. Coming in here acting like everything's fine, you think me a fool? You think you can just walk around here taking whatever you want? Even a married woman?!" I spat at him, he chuckled and seized my throat with an iron like grip, I gasped and began clawing at his hand to get him off, but he didn't budge. My friends attempted to help me, but Hiccups friends had their weapons pointed at mine, stopping them dead in their tracks.

"No. How dare you Snotlout! What makes her yours, huh?" He asked, his own tone rising. "Just because she's forced into marriage with you? I can bet my life that she didn't even want to marry you. And who could blame her? All you've done is take whatever you want, no matter who it belongs to. In fact, why did you pick Astrid? Is it just because of her beauty? That she could be a trophy wife? Something to show off to visiting dignitaries and other chiefs? No. Why do I even bother asking, because that's exactly why you chose Astrid, well guess what?" He asked. He had even taken steps towards me, that now, Hiccups face were only inches apart from mine.

"You're no man. You're a festering disease.You don't even love her. All you care about is getting her into bed and taking her for yourself, forcing yourself upon her if need be. But know that she won't even let you touch her, not in a thousand years. Ever." He said, finally pulling his face away, he pushed me hard and I landed on my back, I grunted in pain, I bolted back up and we were in each other's faces.

A crowd had appeared around the arena, murmuring almost themselves, I smirked at the attention we've drawn, time to present my challenge.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III! I challenge you to a Holmgang, deciding who's worthy to claim Astrid hand." The crowd gasped and began talking among each other, I expected to see Hiccup panicking, but he didn't.

Instead he burst out laughing even his friends, he wiped away a tear, and continued giggling. "Trust me asshat, you don't want to face me in a duel." I scoffed, so smug, I pounded my chest with my fist. "Why? Too scared to face me?" I taunted, he shook his head, smirk wiped off his face and replaced with a stern face that sent a shiver down my spine.