Chapter 6: Becoming a man

Normal pov

Hiccup and Toothless were led to their quarters, and the room was quite impressive.
It was large, and had everything Hiccup needed to live for who knows how long.
Toothless bounced around tongue sticking out and with a huge gummy smile on his face, Hiccup laughed at the sight of his friend in such good spirits.

First after a month in the desert, the two bathed themselves, their odor was quite unforgivable, so they relieved themselves of the foul stench of sweat and sand.

After bathing, Hiccup was ordered to burn his clothes, he didn't complain.
He threw his fur vest, fur boost, and tunic into a barrel of fire and watched as the flames consumed the clothing.

He then was provided with new clothing that was extremely comfortable the slippers on his feet allowed his feet to breathe in this environment.

Then the king invited the duo to eat along side the royal family, Hiccup and Toothless had to control themselves not to eat like animals in front of royals. He was asked a series of questions and Hiccup answered them with to best of his ability, the royal family consisted of the king Darius I, his son Xerxes and his daughter Esfir.

After the excellent meal, the two returned to their quarters, the two settled in, Toothless was provided with a large carpet that extremely comfortable and Hiccup was provided with a bed that could almost fit twenty people in.
It was the first sleep the duo savored in months, their dreams provided them to drift further from the the land of the living. As the sun greeted the next day, Hiccup arose, and was greeted by the imperial trainer.

"Welcome Haddock, I trust sleep was fruitful?"
Hiccup smiled and nodded. "Yes sir, sleep was much needed and very pleasant, but I'm now ready to begin my training." He said with determination and confidence.

The trainer chuckled and nodded, he seemed pleased with my answer. "A boy who has ambition, I respect that, now, since that you don't have that much muscle, we'll start off  with basic muscle exercises, to put more meat on those bones of yours."

This is it, time to become strong.

After months of all the exercises and workouts given to Hiccup, he was introduced to sword combat, his training instructors were Darius's finest warriors, and the first couple of days, Hiccup was literally getting his teeth kicked in. But after studying all of his opponents moves and practicing his techniques in private, he was ready to fight again. Once he was ready, Hiccup drew his blade and got his stance, with that, the warriors charged Hiccup, he blocked every attack with some close calls though, yet he pushed on. The boy then proceeded to run toward a pillar and run up it and backflip off it and leg sweep two of his opponents making them land hard on the ground. Another set of two charged Hiccup, and sound of steel echoed off the wall and Hiccup was starting to lose ground, both warriors brought their swords down on Hiccups, bringing him down on one knee.

Hiccup pushed his opponents swords up and evaded them bringing his swords down, but one of them caught up to Hiccups retreating form and cut his back. Hiccup yelped in pain as blood splattered the ground, the warrior pressed his advantage and attacked, Hiccup blocked more of the warriors strikes but earned himself another slash on his waist, he hissed at the pain. The boy growled and landed a viscous right hook to the warrior and putting him down, at the same time, the other warrior arrived and attempted to stab Hiccup, yet he elbowed the warrior in the face putting him down.

The young Haddock was breathing heavily, covered in a sheet of sweat, he soon heard clapping, he turned to see the training instructor, the warriors soon got up to their feet and gathered around Hiccup as the training instructor approached.
"Most impressive Haddock. You defeated warriors that have fought many wars. Well done. But you are not an Inquisitor yet, you must face many more tests to achieve this goal." The instructor said, Hiccup nodded, determined to become stronger, and ready to now fight for his new king.