Chapter 62: For hummanity

Normal pov

With the vast Persian fleet along with every force in the Archipelago willing to fight, they all set out, toward Berserker island. Hiccups dreadnaught, taking lead as the main command ship, its hulking frame slicing through the cold waters below, there was an eerie silence, as the fleet grew closer toward their destination. Hiccup knew the Djinn weren't fools, they'd be watching their every move, predicting what they'd do, which meant they needed to be unpredictable.

At the end of the dreadnaughts bow, stood Hiccup, the icy winds blowing in his face, yet the young warrior didn't seemed to be affected by it, instead, it seemed to strengthen him. His thoughts were scattered across his mind, to say he was anxious was an understatement, he had been tasked to end the Djinn, and now? The fate of mankind rests on his shoulders.

This would be the greatest battle fought in history, their names and legends would be immortalized and carved in stone for future generations to learn why two different people united together, they're cultures, beliefs and ideals are completely different, yet in these dark times, unification is necessary to vanquish the evil that is the Djinn. The evil force watched its enemy the moment it entered its territory, so they struck first.

From the icy waters rose the same beasts that dragged the Berserkers warships toward Ghul, only this time, they sought to devour. The crew sprang to action as these creatures lashed out, its tentacles wrapped around anyone in its grasp and flinging them off the ships to be consumed, archers manned their stations and unleashed razor sharp steel, raining down wave after of wave of arrows, piercing the beasts flesh and leaving them exposed to further attack. The Persian captains ordered cannons to blow those creatures to pieces, and that they did, though they took casualties, the fleet of warriors pressed forward, to finally vanquish the evil that awaits them once and for all.

Hiccups pov

As I looked toward the horizon, Berserker island came into view, my heart pounding with anticipation for the inevitable battle that was about to take place. This war with the Djinn has costed me the lives of my friends, my inability to protect innocents from their evil, our fleet has the greatest warriors in the world, with our combined might with the Vikings, we would succeed. All thoughts of doubt left me, because we're the line between survival and extinction, both man and dragon, the fate of this war would end today.

"Babe?" I turned around to see Astrid, in her Berkian honor guard armor, draped in black, with black wolf pelt armbands, boots and her hood, shielding her from the icy winds, gods, even in battle armor, she's a sight to behold. "Astrid." I pulled her into a hug, she gladly returned it, her warm body giving me that warmth to warm up my cold body, we pulled apart and she wrapped her arm around my waist.

"I've waited years for this you know, to fight by your side on the field of battle, it's an honor." I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Remember you're to be my wife, I prefer you didn't die, you're more than worthy to fight by my side Astrid, I'm even seeing you as my equal." She looked at me with shock, obviously not expecting that. "Hiccup you were trained by the finest warriors in history, and you're calling me an equal?" I smiled and bore into her eyes.

"Astrid, ever since I've known you, you've always been eager to learn new ways to how to fight, and since you've completed your training by my hand, your skills have sharpened, and her abilities are that to rival even me. I'm proud to call you my girlfriend soon to be wife, but let's set aside those distractions, first we need to win this war." She smiled and grabbed my head down for a passionate kiss, I eagerly returned it, pulling her close to me, when we broke apart we smiled. "I love you." She said, I smiled and nodded. "I love you too, so much." We broke apart for the time being, we made it to our destination. Now? It was time to strike.