Chapter 14: Being a sister

Astrids pov

My little sister was born a year and a half ago and we named her Helga meaning 'divine woman', I think that name suits her perfectly. My mother never lets our new family member unattended, I've spent a lot of time with her too, she tries grabbing my tunic sometimes when I hold her, I can tell she enjoys my company, she smiles and coos whenever I hold her.

The village congratulated my parents on their love and that have another child. Stoick himself congratulated us too, bringing us a chest full of coin, to keep us on our feet, after all, the chief was the richest man on the island. But I can see some sadness in his eyes as he congratulated us on our newest family member, it reminded him of Hiccup.

Memories of what the chief did to his only son must haunt the man. Life on Berk hasn't been the same since Hiccup left us, of course half of the village cared less if he yet lived or if he was killed. I knew deep down that Hiccup and Toothless are still alive, somewhere out there.

Normal pov

Everyone in the village had finished their midday work, so they all retired to the Great Hall to eat.

Astrid sat with Fishlegs and the twins, they were having friendly conversation while also trying to enjoy their food. Fishlegs finally spoke what had been plaguing his mind. "Snotlout and his herd are ever more vexatious since that smug little cunt was branded title of heir."Astrid hummed in agreement.

"I know, he's no doubt planning on sending me a marriage contract." The twins cringe in disgust.

"Snotlout and you, pfft I see you parting Snotlouts cock and shoving it down his throat." Tuffnut states in a sly voice. Ruffnut shares the same look.

"Wouldn't that be a sight." She snickered at the thought. "What are guys laughing at?" The group turned around to see a girl around their age at fourteen to fifteen. "Oh hey Heather, what's up?" Astrid asked. She sat next to Astrid and sighed.

"I'm forever in your debt, you saved me from being killed by pirates in the sea, it pains me that my parents weren't as fortunate." Astrid placed a hand on Heathers shoulder, and gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"I know what it's like to lose someone you love Heather, I lost my uncle Finn from the Flightmare, it brought my families clan in shame, for but a time, yet we reclaimed our honor, and stand proud." Heather smiled and nodded in thanks. The table fell in silence for yet a while, until Ruffnut broke the silence. "So Astrid, how's it feel being a sister?" Astrid smiles takes a sip of ale from her mug, and satisfies her curiosity.

"Honestly it's amazing, sure Helga is yet a little girl, it feels good about all the opportunities I'll have teaching her how to wield an axe and to show simple fucks like Snotlout to fuck off." The table bursts in laughter.

"Asty?"

The group looked and saw little Helga walking toward her big sister. Astrid smiles and lifts her sister up and places her on her knee. "Hey little warrior, why aren't you with mommy and daddy?" Helga plays with her sisters braid, and smiles at her sister. "I wanna be with sissy!"
Astrid chuckled and let out a sigh, her sister can be clingy. 

The group smiles at the sight of the Hofferson sisters bonding, they know that Hiccups absence has left her in sad spirits, yet she's still fierce and loving.

As the midday meal comes to an end the village exits the Hall to return to work. Fishlegs, Heather and the twins bid Astrid a goodbye so that she can walk with her family.
Astrids parents arrive on scene and walk side by side their daughters. "Helga has taken quite a liking to you hasn't she Astrid?" Her mother states.

Astrid nodded while holding her sister who had drifted off to sleep."Yeah mom, Helga and I aren't going to be just sisters, but the best of friends." The family smiles and then retire back to their home.