Chapter 55: Love

Normal pov

Months had past since Ghula revealed herself and informed Hiccup and his allies that Djinn are in the Archipelago and ready for war.

Despite the coming war, Hiccup and Astrids relationship grew stronger everyday. Hiccup had trained all of the Viking warriors how to defend themselves from the Djinn and how to kill them, Hiccup and Astrid even had their own private sparring sessions. Throwing punches and kicks at each other as they laughed and smiled at every miss or block. Hiccup had to admit Astrid was getting a bit better with every session. The advantage Hiccup always had over Vikings is that he knew the way Vikings fought.

He'd seen it his whole life. But they'd never seen the way he fought before. Thus he had an easier time predicting their attacks. But slowly Astrid was learning. She may even be an even match for him one day. Hiccup and Fishlegs added new information in the book of dragons, the young Inuisitor added sketches and notes from his own journals into the book of dragons, seeing Fishlegs giddy about new species of dragons amused Hiccup, like a child receiving toys.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut have helped created weapons with the help from their dragon Barf and Belch, they've made gas bombs, obviously the gas belonging to a Zippleback and even helped created explosives they call black phosphorus, once detonated, they release shrapnel laced with Scauldron venom, if the explosion and shrapnel won't kill you, the smoke will, it has spores from poisonous mushrooms in it to completely burn ones lungs if inhaled directly.

Heather had heard much of Hiccup in his absence and now that she's met him him, he was kind, selfless, skilled in all weapons given to him and she admitted it that he was very handsome.

Hiccup even introduced Heather to a dragon that took a liking to the young ebony haired Viking.

The species of dragon is a Razorwhip and Heather named the dragon Windshear, the two got along perfectly. And for old times sake Thuggory, Camicazi and Hiccup hung out and caught up, and the reunion was fruitful. Helga and Gustav started dating, Astrid was happy for her little sister, finding happiness and new feelings developing, the same could be said for the young shield maiden.
And Hiccup and Stoick got on reasonable grounds and started their relationship as father and son all over.

Stoick was truly grateful that he can balm the wound he inflicted upon his own flesh and blood by not treating Hiccup as a son. And though it'd take time to forgive the man, Hiccup was glad he and his father had restarted their relationship as family.

Astrids pov

Hiccup and I have been dating now for a while now, we took our time catching up and getting to know each other more, but since his absence, my heart yearned for Hiccup. He was the void that was impossible to fill, now that he's back, I fell like I can share anything with him, no matter how ridiculous the subject is, he's twice the man Snotlout will ever be. And speaking of Snotlout, since his defeat in the duel, he's been disgraced by his family and treated like an outcast.

Payback really is a bitch, Snotlout has received humiliation, rejection and disgrace. Like Hiccup.

I shook my head, Hiccups not the boy that lived here fifteen year ago, he's a man, forged into the ultimate warrior. Currently Hiccup and I were on the far side of Berk. Hiccup and I laid on a field of grass while Toothless and Stormfly frolicked with each other. Hiccup pulled me closer and I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. "I've dreamed this moment for years Astrid, you in my arms, the two of us alone, and basking in each other's warmth, it's a dream turned into a reality." He whispered into my ear, I shiver and kissed him passionately, he returned it, burying his fingers into my golden locks and stroking my cheek.