Chapter 44: Conquer your inner demons

Hiccups pov

Oh the gods rain shit on me!

Of all places on earth, the Djinn want to invade the Archipelago?

Why?

Why not go for larger prey? Like Rome? It holds no sense why the Djinn would want to invade the Archipelago.

'Maybe they deserve it, everyone there hated my guts, why should I save them?' A demon from my thoughts whispered to me, but that means the Djinn would kill Astrid, Thug and Cami too, I couldn't let that happen.

'They think you're dead, to them you've been dead the moment you left Berk, they'd give no shit for your return, and they wouldn't believe your reason for returning. They're the most stubborn people on the face of this earth.' My demon claimed, I groan in frustration, why is this happening?

I walk back and forth in my quarters, my mind and thoughts racing, my personal anger for Berk clouding my judgment, the Djinn want me like this, they want me to make a choice that'll change me forever, either forgive the people who tethered me to misery or squash down my anger and forgive them.

I sat down, and took deeps breaths, I inhaled in and out, I did this for thirty minutes, it seemed to calmed me down. I remained sitting down, thinking of the advantages and disadvantages if I returned to Berk, for advantages I get to catch up with Astrid again, meet up with Thug and Cami again, and show off that I'm a warrior with capabilities even they aren't even close to mastering.

Disadvantages of returning are if I warn them of the Djinn, they refuse to listen and one by one all the Archipelago is either dead or bound to Ghul's cruel will and forced to live a fate far worse than death.

The demon seduced me to forget them, they've moved on and that I'll never be worthy in their eyes. But my instincts as an inquisitor tell me it's wrong to let them fight an enemy they don't know how to fight, it'd be a massacre.

I won't let that happen.

I exited my quarters to have a talk with Darius, I walk through the halls, speed walking toward the throne as I do, my demon shouts at me to stop, but I don't, as much as I hate what Berk did to me, I can't let them be slaughtered.
I enter the throne and bow down before Darius before he summoned me to rise, when I do, I exhale.

"My lord, during our conflict with the Djinn in Egypt, they left me a message saying that they're going to destroy the lands from which I hail. With your permission, I ask you if I can take with me half of the Persian army and half of the inquisitors and acolytes to aid me? I know I'm asking for much, yet, the Djinn have grown in numbers by the day and if they take more on the way to Berk, they'd be wiped off the face of the earth." I exhaled.

My eyes glued to the ground, waiting for Darius to give me his answer, Darius comes down to me and lifts my chin up, we lock eyes, as he smiles warmly at me.

"Go my son, take as much of our resources as you need to help aid you end this threat once and for all, we have enough soldiers to protect our empire, you've been to long absent from your own people, you came to me as a frail boy, but now stand before us as a lion seeking to crush all who dare challenge him. You have my permission, go my boy." I smiled and pulled him into a hug, which he returned while chuckling, after we broke apart I bowed one last time to assemble my forces.

Get ready Berk, because you're about to have a one hell of an entrance.