Chaptee 21: Telepathy

Hiccups pov

As the morning began in Egypt, I've been hearing these voices in my head. I thought for sure that I was beginning to lose my mind.
But I then noticed Toothless along with Blue, he looked very frustrated while she was offering him some encouraging warbles and purrs.

I was confused, then I wondered, is Toothless talking to me? The thought excited me, being able to talk to Toothless. I decided to try and speak, with my mind, I spoke his name in my mind.

"Toothless?"

He bolted straight up and looked at me.

"Hiccup?"

I gave a laugh of shock and disbelief.

"We can talk to each other bud, in our minds that is."

Toothless bounded over to me and was wagging his tail excitedly like a dog about to receive a piece of meat.

"How long have you know we can do this?" I asked him, my interest highly piqued. Toothless gave a chuckle and responded back.

"Only recently, humans and dragons, it seems once they've make a connection as you and I have made a year ago, as time progresses, we share a similar mind, and are able to communicate with each other. And about time too. I've tried communicating with you these last few months, but it seems that it needs to run its course."

My mind was scattered at what Toothless had said, so it must take a few months for the telepathy to form.

"Don't get so excited Hiccup it's really just us talking."

The voice was feminine, obviously Blue, she bounded toward me and Toothless, I smiled and wrapped my arms around both their necks, and they nuzzled me, glad for the affection.
"This is amazing, I can't believe this you guys, this'll change our communication while in battle, or if we're separated." The two dragons gave an amused chuckle at the young dragon riders excitement.