Chapter 23: A trembling hand becomes a fist

Amams pov

Nearly a month has passed since Ana and I have met, and I decided to help her to defend herself from scum who'd rape or abuse her.
With Hiccups permission I've asked him if I could train her as an inquisitor, he agreed and told me that I made the right choice helping her and that this type of skill could potentially free her from being a whore.

I told her about Hiccup and his origins, because he trusted me to reveal his dark past. She was shocked that a foreigner was once a sickly, frail and weakling to a strong and fearless warrior.

She accepted my proposal of training and wanted a way out. Ana has trusted me enough to reveal to me that she's only a whore to make coin, her parents died from plague that nearly wiped out half of Egypt, and she needed to provide for herself.

It broke my heart to hear this, I can see fear written all over Ana's face whenever a scumbag tries forcing her to do something she doesn't want to. I need to help this girl.

Today I started training her how Hiccup trained me, starting with basic exercises. Over the past few weeks Ana has breezed through her exercises and now was when training became a whole lot tougher, you needed to choose a weapon of choice and learn how to use it and ultimately master it. Since she has never touched a weapon, this'll take time. She chose Egyptian daggers, perfect weapons for a beginner.

For almost another full month she's trained herself with those daggers and other weaponry, and to say I was impressed was an understatement.

She was once a girl who had to swallow cock for coin, now setting aside such things and molding herself into something more. Now the real test begins. She must face Hiccup to determine if she becomes one of us. For almost a full day Ana fought Hiccup, her dream of freeing herself from the selfishness of a mans sexual desires drove her to keep fighting.

The ringing of blades echoed across the training  hall, the heavy breathing from both the master and the student. I knew Ana wouldn't quit, yet she was getting tired, leaving her vulnerable to attacks from Hiccup. He did cut her when he saw an opening and she did cry out in pain, yet kept pushing herself nonetheless. She looked like hell, cuts and scrapes all over her body, blood seeping out of her nose and wounds, and sweat drenching her clinging to her clothes. Hiccup had told her to give up.

She did not.

She punched him right in his bells, he fell to his knees from the surprise attack and she brought her blades to his throat. A smiled graced Hiccups face despite Ana's cheap shot, he than got up a placed a hand on her shoulder, telling her she passed her test and was now one of us. She than gave me a hug, which I gladly returned. "Congratulations." I whispered into her ear. She then gazed into my eyes and plastered her lips to mine, I returned her kissed and poured my passion and heart into this kiss.

"You're the best thing that happened to me Amam, will you be mine?"
I smiled at her request, and kissed her again.
"I will gladly be your man."
She smiled and we shared another kiss, savoring each other's embrace.